Oregon

I married now!

I've been married for a week. My DH and I will celebrate 7 years together next month so I was surprised that being married really does feel different. Its such a relief to have the wedding over and no more silly stuff to stress about. The day went by really quick. My only regret is that I drank too much and crashed early. I’m going to do a break down of all my vendors soon but wanted to start with Edgefield since someone just asked about them.

They were typical McMinnamins quality. Nothing bad but of course nothing over the top great. Overall, it was a beautiful ceremony and reception site and good prices so I’d recommend them. The food was good and everything happened on time. 

Here were the not so great things:

• There were some things we had talked about with the staff before the wedding but not bothered putting in a new banquet order. Then on the day of the wedding the staff pointed to the banquet order as the only thing they could follow. I guess that’s a good lesson for any venue though. Everything should be in writing.
  • It did specify in our contract that we weren’t going to host shots for guests. A few friends told us the bartender lined up shots for people and put it on our tab. 
  • They put someone else’s restaurant bill on our room charge and when we explained that wasn’t ours the person at the front desk took the charge off and said that happens all the time.
  • One person at the front desk couldn’t find any of the rooms in our block and once it was sorted out the person said that rooms under a wedding block get lost all the time. 
  • They upgraded us to a romance package we didn’t ask for and then changed us an extra $50 for putting a bottle of champagne in our room. 
  • Guests who didn’t go out of their way to put down their own credit card had their rooms charged to our card automatically. It all got straightened out, but it was a hassle. 

Re: I married now!

• KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YAY! Congrats! I'm looking forward to pictures and a recap!
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • edited December 2011
    Kendall - are you married yet or still planning to elope?

Funny story I should share - when I was getting dressed I debated if I should wear sexy underwear, go commando so there was no line, or go with big comfy underwear. I went with the grandma panties, which was good because my dress split open and down the back as soon as I sat down at the reception and flashed a few people. Luckily I have good sewers in the family who spent a half hour sewing me into my dress. 
  • edited December 2011
    Let me brag about a ridiculous DIY project that I don't recommend. Instead of a slide show I got 20 flip books from goodwill and painstakingly added family photos in them. I had trivia questions on each page with the answers on the back. It was a good conversation piece at the tables.

I copied this from someone on theknot, was it Dramageek? It was going to be the kids table centerpiece but we ended up not having a kids table after all. 

If anyone wants to give them a good home it all on craigslist and I'll give a knottie discount!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_married-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:119Discussion:cccc580e-4b33-44ab-b709-7a918564d718Post:0cdcd066-d921-4d72-9cdb-9fac6e3107fe">Re: I married now!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kendall - are you married yet or still planning to elope? Funny story I should share - when I was getting dressed I debated if I should wear sexy underwear, go commando so there was no line, or go with big comfy underwear. I went with the grandma panties, which was good because my dress split open and down the back as soon as I sat down at the reception and flashed a few people. Luckily I have good sewers in the family who spent a half hour sewing me into my dress. 
    Posted by Portland09102011[/QUOTE]
    We're planning a wedding. We have moved our date to Nov. 2013. <div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Where on craigs list is that stuff?</div>
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Will you sell the parasols in less than 7?
  • edited December 2011
    Only for a knottie. PM me and we can exchange email. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    pm sent
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards