December 2015 Weddings
Options

Help! Just got engaged and I don't know where to start!!

Hi ladies,

My name is Vanessa and I recently got engaged and I have no idea what to do - I am feeling overwhelmed by all of this :(

Re: Help! Just got engaged and I don't know where to start!!

• Options
    Deep breaths!  First, Congratulations!!  I am a fellow December 2015 bride too!  :)

I was overwhelmed at first too but everything started to come together (slowly), once we set a date!  

After that, in my opinion, the most important thing is to choose and book a venue.  December weddings are not that popular but you still want to start looking now!  

We have already booked our venue and photographer.  My task this month (from our wedding planner) its to book our DJ.  We already have one holding our date and will meet with him in two weeks or so to "book" him.  

Wedding planners can be EXTREMELY helpful (extra $ though) as far as knowing when you should book things and can give you good recommendations on vendors.  

Our wedding venue we chose has planners that we could have used to help with the planning.  We used an actual event planning company though.  

If you'd like my to-do timeline, since we have the same wedding month, let me know!  I'd be glad to help you out :) 
  • Options
    Hi I would love to see your to-do timeline if you dont mind. I recently got engaged before Christmas & we are planning for NYE 2015

Thanks! 
  • Options
    First of all Congratulations! Everything will work out, just take some deep breaths and enjoy the moment. 

The first thing we did was come up with a very rough budget, and figured out who was paying for what. 

Then we made a rough guest list, which helped us pick a venue. The guest list doesn't need to be set just come up with a general number.  

So far we have our caterer, venue, and DJ. Ideally I want to have a photographer by March.

• Options
    Thanks so much girls for the comments!! I right now am still looking for venues and hopefully will make a decision by next week the latest.  We have our dj booked.  
    Knottie09734752 i would love to see your to do list if you do not mind.

Thanks!

Vanessa
  • Options
    Hi ladies! I just saw your comments! If you'd still like my time line let me know or private message me your email and I'll send it over! :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards