Not Engaged Yet
Options

Might be engaged soon! :)

edited December 2014 in Not Engaged Yet

Re: Might be engaged soon! :)

• Options
    Hi, welcome to the boards. A quick piece of friendly piece of advice - when you use proper grammar and spelling it is much, much easier to read/comprehend your posts and therefore we can give much better advice.

There's really no reason to start planning your wedding before you are engaged. Just relax and enjoy this time together. You don't need to be thinking about venues or dates or any of that. When you get engaged you can decide all of those things. It also sounds like your BF is actually a little hesitant to get engaged, so I would have a conversation with him to make sure you are both are the same page. What did he mean by "if we could be engaged now we would be?" Do you know why he thinks now isn't a good time to get engaged? What goals does he feel need to be met before you are ready? These are important things to discuss otherwise you will drive yourself crazy not knowing if you are both really on the same plan for the future.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    yes we have discussed this, We are living with family and are planning to get our own appartment asap. Im saving and he is saving...so thats main reason why we need to save.. for own place but we should be good to look for appt. by spring and he says he wants to save for half decent ring not something that won't last.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I know next comment is going to be..well shouldn't be worried about getting engaged if don't have own appartment. We are not having huge wedding, just immediate family and alot of people get married before getting their own place. We technically live on our own, his dad and brother rarely there but just to big and to much money, so need to down size.
  • Options
    I don't think you need to worry about getting engaged before getting a place of your own. That is a great goal to have and it may be what your BF meant when he said you can't get engaged now.

Also, I have to ask - how old are you? Your posts make you sound like a teenager.

• Options
    26, how old are you? because you sound like teenager with making big deal about posts. This advice board not spamming board.

thanks anyways...
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    anyone else with advice like this place is suppose to be for? i only asked simple question(i like to plan ahead) and wanted to express my excitement on being engaged most likely soon but guess people like to shit on others excitement or just spam and say stupid shit about spelling or grammar. jeez i didn't know i was being graded
  • Options

I don't think @bethsmiles meant anything mean by it when she asked your age.. Your post does make you sound like a teenager but you shouldn't get offended by it.. Just take the advice in stride and calm down.

Now onto your post, I was planning before my fiancé and I got engaged BUT   he asked me to marry him once before and I was just waiting on him to officially ask me with a ring so my case was different. Now as @bethsmiles said previously you really should make sure you and your bf are on the same page about marriage because he sounds very hesitant about getting engaged right now. You don't want to force his hand and have him regretting his decision.

• Options
    This post made my brain hurt. I usually wouldn't say this, but @Knottie73117180 maybe you should check out weddingwire or weddingbee or just don't and focus on your relationship and getting on the same page with your SO.
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    Grabbed the wrong quote. Oops...

• Options

yes we have discussed this, We are living with family and are planning to get our own appartment asap. Im saving and he is saving...so thats main reason why we need to save.. for own place but we should be good to look for appt. by spring and he says he wants to save for half decent ring not something that won't last.

• Options

I know next comment is going to be..well shouldn't be worried about getting engaged if don't have own appartment. We are not having huge wedding, just immediate family and alot of people get married before getting their own place. We technically live on our own, his dad and brother rarely there but just to big and to much money, so need to down size.

• Options

anyone else with advice like this place is suppose to be for? i only asked simple question(i like to plan ahead) and wanted to express my excitement on being engaged most likely soon but guess people like to shit on others excitement or just spam and say stupid shit about spelling or grammar. jeez i didn't know i was being graded

• Options
    Hey! So welcome to the boards. We are an honest bunch of people who refuse to fuel BSC, and we look down on pre-planning. Two things you are exhibiting here. There is no such thing as pre-engaged, super covert secret engaged, or secret engaged. You are either engaged, or you aren't. A proposal is all you need in order to be engaged, nothing more nothing less. 

We discourage people from pre-planning weddings as it forces their significant others to propose, and makes the person look silly when they try to do wedding related things without a proposal. That being said, when you receive a proposal, I suggest that you check out the hometown board page. They will be able to help you find a wonderful venue and will be a great resource for wedding planning. 

• Options

You sound totally ready to make a lifelong commitment. Go for it. 
  • Options
    Really, OP?  Really?

Do you typically get so hostile when people tell you things you don't want to hear?  I'm betting that @bethsmiles asked you how old you were because you're acting like a petulant 7 year old who is stomping her little foot.
  • Options
    Two deleted posts. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards