Wedding Woes

The beginning of the end...

Of 2014!  :) 

I can't believe the year is over today.  It's been a ride this year for a lot of us.  I hope 2015 is just as interesting, but in different (and more fun) ways.  ;)

Re: The beginning of the end...

• I just need to fast forward 5-7 days.  PLEASE.

In 12 days, DD1 was diagnosed with the flu, then strep, and last night, PINK EYE.  In both eyes, of course.

AND she had a reaction to the amoxicillin, they've marked her chart that she's allergic to penicillin and had to start a new antibiotic for the strep.

I mean, she's had enough.
  • Awww, poor little thing.  That's awful.

I'm ending the year picking up the fitbit I won and emailing sketches of our new laundry and addition to FIL. I can't wait to break ground!!!

• OMG Taw!!  DD1 has had enough!  Poor dear.  Also, poor you...It's so tough, no matter how good they are when they're sick, just watching your kiddo be so ill.  :(  

YAY for a new fridge V!  I want one so bad.  I'm hoping we can buy one soon.  Maybe with my bonus.  ;) 

I'm finally feeling like I'm on the upswing from this cold.  I'm looking forward to tonight.  :) 
  • We didn't get anything fancy.  I loathe side by side refrigerators and while I like the height factor of patio doors, I find them inconvenient as well and I hate the bottom freezer drawers.  So, old fashioned top freezer refrigerator it is!  The only other requirement was to have an ice maker.  It's not like there are a ton of options at that point.  I think there were 3 and it was all size differences, then pick the color.  But it'll be nice, the old one is pretty much on it's last legs.
  • Do you remember your reaction to penicillin, V?  DD1's feet got a rash and were really itchy.  The rash spread to her hands and then her body and she just felt miserable.

Also, I'm jealousE of your new fridge.  Mine is falling apart on the inside (all 3 drawers broken) but runs perfectly.
  • Oh Taw. I'm so sorry L has to deal with this and that you have to deal with this. Lots of hugs to both of you.

I'm done with 2014. It has been a hell of a roller coaster year. 2015 is looking much more up and I'm excited about that. Jobs, baby, PF making a shitton of progress... BRING IT, 2015!
  • I am so happy that 2014 is over, it was a shitty year all around.  BUT, I am optimistic next year will bring great things.  YES.

I'm sorry to hear about your DD, Taw.  I am also allergic to the penicillin, and have been since I was a wee lass. 

I work a full day, or at least expect to.  Though, at this point---there is no reason.  I seriously sit her trying to actually FIND motivation to keep sitting here.  But, whatever...I'll do it.  With my coffee, without coffee---I wouldn't.  Just keeping it real.
  • 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    Also...to V, I love my new fridge, I actually have more room in this fridge than my old regular upper freezer, I have this one:  *humblebrag*

It was the one I TRULY wanted, but H insisted we get black and we did it on a budget, and then the whole thing with Sears happened, and now I have what I REAALLLYYYY wanted.  *toddler dance*
  • That's beautiful!

We had the side by side for years.  I like the refrigerator side, but I always found myself having weird room problems on the freezer.  I'll never have one again, I hated it.  

Taw, I don't.  The penicillin allergy actually runs in our family, so I was tested for it as an infant.  Mom says that the nurse took me into a room with the doctor and an hour later brought me out and said, "Yes, she's allergic to penicillin."  Ah, the late 70s of medicine.  :D
  • My mom and grandma are also allergic.
  • I don't know anyone from my mother's side of the family who isn't allergic to it, now that I think about it.  i don't think my father's side had any allergies.
  • DD2 also got a full-body rash when she took it in September.  She was never itchy or miserable, but I'm not going to risk it again.
  • The kiddo and DefConn are allergic.  The doc has me down as allergic to it, but I'm not.  I have a violent reaction to augmentin, but regular old amoxicillin is fine.  
  • I LOATHED my side-by-side.  I'm a freezer bottom kind of girl, but this armoire fridge is the best for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards