Pre-wedding Parties

Wedding Shower Woes

2»

Re: Wedding Shower Woes

I didn't want to start a new thread about showers:

I’ve been invited to attend a bridal shower for a bride is getting married for the 2nd time.  She and her fiancé both have homes and grown children.  The only registry is a Honeyfund.  What am I supposed to bring to the shower?

You bring nothing b/c you avoid it like the plague. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I didn't want to start a new thread about showers:

I’ve been invited to attend a bridal shower for a bride is getting married for the 2nd time.  She and her fiancé both have homes and grown children.  The only registry is a Honeyfund.  What am I supposed to bring to the shower?

Decline the shower.  It's super rude and tacky (as other PPs have expounded upon).  You hit the nail on the head.  A shower is about "showering" the bride with gifts so it makes absolutely no sense to have a shower if your registry is a Honeyfund. 

OP, thanks for taking the advice here so graciously. Welcome to TK!  You should change your username so we can get to know you and recognize you better!

• I tried to change it once before and it wouldn't let me, I'll try again.

I would decline the invite if HoneyFund was the only thing listed.

We are now less than 3 weeks out and did not have a shower!  I'm thankful, because currently we've run into other issues...PHOTOGRAPHER issues!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards