March 2015 Weddings

Two Months

starfish411starfish411 member
5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
edited January 2015 in March 2015 Weddings
How is everyone feeling?

Re: Two Months

• I'm still at about 3 months - 3/28 - and we are just finishing up invites and getting them ready to go. We finished our logo for our photo booth. We are DIYing our table numbers and got that going over the holidays. My first fitting is the 20th. Just getting final payments in order and tying up little loose ends. Still feels surreal how quick it's coming up!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Now that the busy season for my work is over, I feel so relieved. We're on target budget wise, and I'm practically finished doing all my invites. Dress fitting is Friday, shipping them out a week from Wednesday and tasting is the Friday after!

Still need to figure out transport but I think we decided to do a classic car, like a Rolls Royce. If I come enough under budget we will get a limo for our BP.

Right now my BM have asked for a little assistance in finding them good deals for a limo for the bachelorette. I told them its totally not necessary, but I'm just giving them a ton of options and letting them figure it out. I get good rates thru my company so I can see why they asked.

imageimage

• Starting to stress out. All vendors booked except transportation. We wanted to provide guests with a shuttle since most of them are from out of state but I'm not even sure if renting a bus would be worth it (they're expensive!) so I've been looking into just renting vans but then the logistics get more complicated...

We only just started on decorations and haven't even started centerpieces! But at least the invitations have been sent and people are starting to request songs and stuff, although we haven't even started working on the playlist...

For now, we've just been trying to practice our first dance. With our height differences, there's no way we would look decent dancing without some practice and youtube. I've been working on my vows too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • vulpiepop said:
    Starting to stress out. All vendors booked except transportation. We wanted to provide guests with a shuttle since most of them are from out of state but I'm not even sure if renting a bus would be worth it (they're expensive!) so I've been looking into just renting vans but then the logistics get more complicated...

We only just started on decorations and haven't even started centerpieces! But at least the invitations have been sent and people are starting to request songs and stuff, although we haven't even started working on the playlist...

For now, we've just been trying to practice our first dance. With our height differences, there's no way we would look decent dancing without some practice and youtube. I've been working on my vows too.
    Geez girl when did you send out invites?!

What are you plans for centerpieces? Anyway you can tame it down to make it easier on you? It sounds like you have a lot of DIY. My sister did easy lanterns and candles. They were beautiful. I'm getting floral done for me but I'm adding to it with candles I'm providing.

We thought of having transport too but I figured most of my guests will rent a car if they're from OOT or they know how to call a cab. My church and reception venue is only 4 miles/10 minutes away and most of the guests from OOT will be staying at the reception venue. People who want to save money can carpool. They're adults; they can figure it out ;)

imageimage

• I feel like I am finally in wedding mode! Invitations are almost finished ( FSIL and I are making them) and center piece work begins this weekend. I love crossing things off my to do list!! Getting so excited!
  • vulpiepop said:
    Starting to stress out. All vendors booked except transportation. We wanted to provide guests with a shuttle since most of them are from out of state but I'm not even sure if renting a bus would be worth it (they're expensive!) so I've been looking into just renting vans but then the logistics get more complicated...

Geez girl when did you send out invites?!

What are you plans for centerpieces? Anyway you can tame it down to make it easier on you? It sounds like you have a lot of DIY. My sister did easy lanterns and candles. They were beautiful. I'm getting floral done for me but I'm adding to it with candles I'm providing.

We thought of having transport too but I figured most of my guests will rent a car if they're from OOT or they know how to call a cab. My church and reception venue is only 4 miles/10 minutes away and most of the guests from OOT will be staying at the reception venue. People who want to save money can carpool. They're adults; they can figure it out ;)
    We only just sent out the invitations (our wedding is near the beginning of March). People really like to get in their song requests early, I guess. Those have been coming in since the STDs. XD

We have a pretty low budget so I'm trying to DIY as much as I can. For the centerpieces, hoping I can do wheatgrass and flowers without messing up. If it ends up being too hard (I can't imagine it would be), I'd probably just stick flowers in vases.

You're right in that they're adults and can figure out transportation themselves, I'm just a little worried because drivers here are much much different from the drivers my OOT guests are from. I remember when I first moved here and how amazed I was at the drivers. I guess it's more me being paranoid that something might happen to one or some of my guests.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• vulpiepop said:
    We only just sent out the invitations (our wedding is near the beginning of March). People really like to get in their song requests early, I guess. Those have been coming in since the STDs. XD

We have a pretty low budget so I'm trying to DIY as much as I can. For the centerpieces, hoping I can do wheatgrass and flowers without messing up. If it ends up being too hard (I can't imagine it would be), I'd probably just stick flowers in vases.

You're right in that they're adults and can figure out transportation themselves, I'm just a little worried because drivers here are much much different from the drivers my OOT guests are from. I remember when I first moved here and how amazed I was at the drivers. I guess it's more me being paranoid that something might happen to one or some of my guests.
    Don't be paranoid. I have people coming in from the Midwest and slow areas like NC/SC going to Miami. I apologize in advance if you've gone or will go and drive in the Miami-Dade area. They've heard the horror stories; they'll survive. They've gotten this far at least.

With the flowers just watch out about getting them stored correctly. We made my sister's floral centerpieces and it took forever ( 4 women working on them for over 5 hours) but she had a ton of them. We used a florist's walk in fridge to hold the flowers overnight till the wedding. Without that, they would have all wilted.

imageimage

• vulpiepop said:

Don't be paranoid. I have people coming in from the Midwest and slow areas like NC/SC going to Miami. I apologize in advance if you've gone or will go and drive in the Miami-Dade area. They've heard the horror stories; they'll survive. They've gotten this far at least.

With the flowers just watch out about getting them stored correctly. We made my sister's floral centerpieces and it took forever ( 4 women working on them for over 5 hours) but she had a ton of them. We used a florist's walk in fridge to hold the flowers overnight till the wedding. Without that, they would have all wilted.
    Thanks for the advice! We're having a pretty small wedding so there aren't too many tables. I'm trying to keep at least the flowers simple. :)

We're getting married near LA and most of my half of the guest list is coming from NC where the traffic isn't too bad and you only have to worry about a few bad drivers. Coming here from NC myself, it was a really different experience driving on the roads here! I think we've figured something out though :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Since we can't have flowers or glass I am filling tin buckets with candy as my center pieces. Tax season just kicked off for me so here is to working seven days a week twelve hours a day.  No worries I will be off for the wedding.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards