Canada-Ontario
Options

Venue Recommendations in Brampton/Mississauga

Hi all Newly engaged and looking for some reception hall recommendations in Brampton and Mississauga. We are planning on getting married in September 2016. Thanks Jenn
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Venue Recommendations in Brampton/Mississauga

• Options
    ahyatt87ahyatt87 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    Congrats, Jenn! I also live in Mississauga, however, DH and I found there were far more venue options in TO than in Mississauga. So, we got married in Toronto. Some additional information would be helpful! How many guests are you planning on inviting? Budget? What sort of vibe are you going for?

For example, DH and I were looking for a vintage vibe, and booked the Old Mill in Toronto for our ceremony and reception. However, if you were looking for an urban chic vibe, the Old Mill would be all wrong!

Happy planning :)
  • Options
    Thanks. We are looking at between 100-120 guests. Fiancé isn't a fan of the Old Mill. Some places on my list are The Doctors House, Speranza Banquet Hall, Pearson Convention Centre and Embassy Grand.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi!
    The Pearson convention Centre is very nice. I did not have my wedding there but was a guest and from my understanding they try to work with your budget.
  • Options
    Cool. It sounds like you have a pretty good list going. The only other venue we toured in person was Fantasy Farms. It was nice, but more rustic than vintage for our taste. However, the grounds are amazing! You may want to check them out too :)

The only other venue I know of people using in Mississagua is now closed (Grand Metropolitan).

Some other venues we considered, but did not visit when planning our wedding included:
    1. Black Creek Pioneer Village
    2. Glenerin
    3. Eaton Hall
    4. Distillery District
    5. Sunnyside Pavillion - this venue is all outdoors, so if you are planning on getting married in late September, it may be too cold
    6. Enoch Turner Schoolhouse
    7. The Estates of Sunnybrook
    8. The Grand Banking Hall
  • Options
    Have you looked at The Old Barber House, they have a Ball room that holds 140 guest. It's a beautiful room, with lots of windows. It does not feel like you are in a hall, feels like you are in an old Victorian Home.They also offer ceremony on site if your interested in something different then a church
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards