Oregon

How do you go about

Doing a JOP wedding?
Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.

Re: How do you go about

• DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you looking for a courthouse wedding or someone, non-clergy, to officiate?
  • KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A courthouse wedding
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For Multnomah County

Clackamas County

Washington County

You call and schedule with one of the judges, then show up at the appropriate time with your witnesses.  There's no pomp and circumstance with a courthouse wedding though, just so you know.  Generally no music, not much of a ceremony, etc.  Many find it to be a kind of cold, impersonal experience.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just want to be married. We're doing the big deal in 2012

What do we do if we just want random witnesses? 
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can't do random witnesses.  You must provide your own.  I guess you could ask strangers on the street outside the courthouse :-/
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay. We've decided to use the officiant we're using for our vow renewal. Unless a few knotties want to come and be our witnesses
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why not invite your parents or a couple of close friends to witness?  I'm sure they'd love to see your wedding!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We don't want people remembering our wedding as the one in the officiants office
  • Poppy715Poppy715 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm confused. That is what your wedding will be. Take it or leave it. You can't have a do-over and call it a wedding.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A wedding a vow renewal whatever. Same difference
  • MrsQ2011MrsQ2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    After you decide what county you are getting  married in, you have to go to their courthouse and apply for a marriage license, both you and FI have to be present and you have to supply some forms of identification (check with the county court house to see what you need) also you can't apply for a marriage license and get married on the same day. I think it is a 3 day waiting period. also the license expires within 30 or 60 days if you dont get married so make sure it isn't too soon before your day. Let me know if you have any other questions!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can actually get your license in any county, it doesn't have to be the one in which you're marrying.  Many do require that you go in person and most only take cash.  I believe it's Washington County that will do the license by mail.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards