Destination Weddings Discussions

Destination Wedding at Sandals Resort

Hi everyone! My fiancé and I are planning our destination wedding at Sandals Royal Caribbean in Jamaica! The date is set for December 3, 2016. We just took a vacation to the resort to check everything out and we fell In love with it! I was wondering if anyone else is planning or planned their destination wedding through Sandals and if you have any advice. Thanks so much!

Re: Destination Wedding at Sandals Resort

• Hello! I am currently planning my October wedding at Sandals Grande Riviera (however you spell it) in Ocho Rios. We are planning it site unseen, except through pictures and we will just be surprised (pleasantly or not) when we get there.
    One thing I will tell you is that if you are a "type A" bride you will be stressing out a little. I emailed my planner over a week ago with a question and she has not returned my email. Yes I freaked out and damn near wanted to cancel. However, someone enlightened me that the attitude on the islands is very laid back and they are not as concerned with time as we are so give it some time and they will get back to you. My wedding isn't until October, and they have probably 100 weddings before mine. When I realized this I calmed down.
    However, the good part of this is that it's super easy to book and it's a nice price for my guest. If you have anymore specific questions don't hesitate to ask!
  • Hello, I'm currently planning my wedding at Sandals Grande Riviera. I haven't planned much with them yet, but will be soon as my wedding is in June. So far I've found it to be stress free. If you have any questions feel free to send me a message.
  • I'm planning my wedding at Sandals Grande Antigua on November 18th and my experience has been excellent so far. I've asked for different colors of flowers and a few different ideas and so far everything has been possible. My wedding planner has been pretty responsive so far but scheduling a time to talk on the phone first is definitely the way to go. The one thing I'm nervous about is photography... the options at Antigua are not great in comparison to other islands. Definitely check out the sandalsweddingblog.com for ideas and google/pinterest beach wedding. I agree that "type a" brides will have a difficult time. 
  • I just returned from my wedding at Sandals Grande St. Lucian - feel free to send me a message with any specific questions that you might have and I'll do my best to answer them!

@Jennyleah31 - I was worried about the photography as well and didn't expect to buy any photos, but I was totally wrong! The photographer that was assigned to us (through SnapShots on site) was really good and did an amazing job. They definitely try for those cheesy, posey shots (my hand resting on his chest, me gazing into my bouquet), but once we chatted and he saw that we weren't into those shots, it turned out really well. Have fun with your photos and they'll turn out well!
  • I'm looking into this as well for my april wedding.  I was wondering if anyone used another island other than those visited above?  luckily i'm not a type a personality but like info.
  • edited August 2015
  • Has anyone had any experience with Sandals Whitehouse? We have put our deposit down, but now I have read a few reviews that were not so good and I'm wondering if there is a better resort option.
  • This thread is really old. The OP has not been active since January. Everyone might be better off starting a new thread!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards