Ohio-Cleveland

Getting organized

Hey ladies!!

Anyone have any spreadsheets/templates that they used or are using that they have found really helpful in keeping track of wedding guests?? I was using one from google docs but I'm not happy with it.. Thanks in advance!

Re: Getting organized

• I am somewhat in the same boat.  I did find a ton on Pinterest but haven't printed them off yet.  More than likely I will come up with my own by basically putting together all the ones that I liked from the internet.  If you have the time and patience, that is what I would do.  
  • I had a column for each of the following:

Name, Guest Name, Address, City/State, Zip, Shower (are they invited and then post-shower I entered the gift they gave for thank you purposes), Bachelorette (same thing about invited and then afterwards listed the gift given), then Wedding Y/N and the last column was what the wedding gift was. I think I added one final column at the end to check once I sent out the thank you note.

I hope this helps!  We didn't have kids at the wedding so I didn't have to worry about anything more than 2 people.  After our wedding this also turned into a really easy Christmas card list after eliminating a bunch of columns too. :)

• I just used the one from when I did the planning option on the knot. One thing I did to help with the seat chart planning was get a large piece of poster board & drew circles on it. As I got Yes responses I wrote the names on the post it tabs and started grouping people together by who knew each other. People I didn't know who fit together I put it off to the side until it came to the end when I sat down with my mom & mil. We figured out who to sit together & then we figured out table placement. Having the tabs made it super easy because I could easily move people around and no erasing & rewritting of names.
  • Erikan73-

that is a very smart idea...totally going to use that!  Thanks!
  • Thanks ladies!!!
  • i used wedding wire then exported to and made it a google doc, the wedding wire seating chart was the most handy in the end and having all the guests on the guest list there made it even easier

for invitations and tracking rsvps i just coded guest with a letter/number/color code so i could sort and put them on new tabs and what not

it all came together well in the end
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards