Wedding 911
Options

Wedding Night Disaster...HELP!

Hello Everyone! I’m new to this forum.. a friend of mine suggested it to me, she said this website was a lifesaver for Her wedding! Anyway, me and my hubby to be are worried about our wedding night privacy, and here’s why. A few of our friends have already suggested that we go hang out after the wedding..Uh No! It gets worse!….my best friend suggested we come over her house after the reception for a movie night…I politely declined..and now she’s mad at me, saying im rude for saying no to the movie and drink night. Another one of my bridesmaids said well if we can’t go over my best friends house we can just all chill in me and future hubby’s hotel suite.. Have drinks and order pizza…Am I overreacting?? Should I just let them come into our suite after the reception? honestly me and future hubby just want some alone time after the wedding…my mom even thinks I’m being rude..Help bees! should me and future hubby stay in a different hotel room and not tell anyone where?

Re: Wedding Night Disaster...HELP!

• Options
    I think how you spend your time after your wedding is your business, and unless you have some sort of after party, I would expect you'd want to spend some time alone with your new hubby. When does your reception end? Is it maybe early enough that people are thinking, "They won't be sleepy."

No, I don't think you're being rude.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Uh, how old are your friends?!?  They sound incredibly immature.  I don't think you need to change hotels...I just wouldn't tell them which room you're in and turn off your cell phones.  The hotel should not give them your room number if asked.
  • Options
    jaydiva13 said:
    Hello Everyone! I’m new to this forum.. a friend of mine suggested it to me, she said this website was a lifesaver for Her wedding! Anyway, me and my hubby to be are worried about our wedding night privacy, and here’s why. A few of our friends have already suggested that we go hang out after the wedding..Uh No! It gets worse!….my best friend suggested we come over her house after the reception for a movie night…I politely declined..and now she’s mad at me, saying im rude for saying no to the movie and drink night. Another one of my bridesmaids said well if we can’t go over my best friends house we can just all chill in me and future hubby’s hotel suite.. Have drinks and order pizza…Am I overreacting?? Should I just let them come into our suite after the reception? honestly me and future hubby just want some alone time after the wedding…my mom even thinks I’m being rude..Help bees! should me and future hubby stay in a different hotel room and not tell anyone where?

Who are "bees"? Oh, and stay and do whatever your two want to do.
  • Options

jaydiva13 said:

Who are "bees"? Oh, and stay and do whatever your two want to do.

Perhaps a XP from WeddingBee???

• Options
    You were beyond rude with your response! You should have just said nothing if you had a problem with me saying Bees! And to answer your question "Bees" is from Weddingbee I also have an account with them! Forgive me for forgetting this is TheKnot..Jesus you would've thiught I said a curse word..lighten up! That's why I hate this forum anyway..because you all are rude nasty women!
  • Options

jaydiva13 said:

Hello Everyone! I’m new to this forum.. a friend of mine suggested it to me, she said this website was a lifesaver for Her wedding! Anyway, me and my hubby to be are worried about our wedding night privacy, and here’s why. A few of our friends have already suggested that we go hang out after the wedding..Uh No! It gets worse!….my best friend suggested we come over her house after the recep
  • Options
    Chill.
    jaydiva13 said:
    You were beyond rude with your response! You should have just said nothing if you had a problem with me saying Bees! And to answer your question "Bees" is from Weddingbee I also have an account with them! Forgive me for forgetting this is TheKnot..Jesus you would've thiught I said a curse word..lighten up! That's why I hate this forum anyway..because you all are rude nasty women!

• Options

Uh, who was rude?  What was rude that has been said?

If anyone is rude, it's your friends.  Get back on topic!  How old are these people?

• Options

Okay lets just squash the rude thing.,. But anyway they are between the ages of 27-30

• Options
    jaydiva13 said:
    If you hate the forum, why'd you post? And all the comments were more of confusion than rudeness. 
  • Options
    If you hate this forum, why are you even here? 

No one was even rude to you. 
  • Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    I thought she said she was new here. How does she hate us already? At least get to know us before you hate us.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Just be honest with your friends and tell them that you appreciate that they want to continue to celebrate with you but that you and your FI are looking forward to some private time to celebrate being husband and wife, because you only get one wedding night. Hopefully they get the hint & drop the issues then.

• Options
    Like everyone else said, just be honest with your friends. They should understand that you two want your privacy on your wedding night. Maybe if the reception does end a little early, you can all go to a lounge or bar near by for an hour or so for a couple of drinks and then sneak away. That's what we did. Our reception ended at 11pm and it was a spur of the moment to go to the lounge next door to our reception with our bridal party and friends. We stayed there for about an hour and left. That's a compromise that maybe everyone will be happy with. But again, it's your night, do whatever you want. :)
  • Options
    I agree, they should respect the fact that this is your big day and you deserve some alone time with your brand new husband. I totally agree with you, thats what I want to do as well. I cant believe all those people are telling you that YOU are the rude one. They are the ones being inconsiderate of your wishes.
  • Options
    Tell them, "FI and I are not being rude in declining to party or hang out further after our wedding reception is over. Grow up and get over the fact that neither we nor our room will be available."
  • Options
    what the actual FUDGE did I just read? OP, jaydiva, your name clearly says it all.
  • Options
    KikiMiraKikiMira member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    I'm confused.... You clearly didn't like the response the Bees gave you, so you came here only to have a fit about people's questions. Your name is correct.. you are definitely a diva. 

You have a right to say no. If you don't want to hang out with your friends after say no. I am more curious on what time your wedding is and reception if your friends have time to have a movie night... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just hang a sign on your hotel door that says

GO AWAY!!!!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Wow. Seriously. I've had an account here for a few years, but am definitely new to the forum....and I have to admit, this thread has been one of the worst cases of cyber-bullying I have ever seen. For goodness' sake, girls, grow up and stop over-reacting--ALL OF YOU!!! It's easy enough for a newcomer to get confused about terminology anyway. Stop being "Knotty" snobs! 

As for the actual topic, I definitely do not think it is rude to want to be alone with your husband! If others know which room you'll be staying in, make sure no one has a key and let them suck it up; it's your night. If they don't know the room, don't tell them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards