Attire & Accessories Forum

Birdcage Veil

Does a birdcage veil that is positioned so that the edge runs diagonally (left eye to right corner of mouth) across the face need to be lifted? I feel like tradition (religious and not) says a veil is to be lifted before the kiss for a number of reasons...but should one so short?

Re: Birdcage Veil

• I don't think it is necessary.  As long as your FI can get to your lips that is all that matters.

• I wore a birdcage veil on an angle, and DH did not have to move it for any part of our ceremony, including the kiss :)
  • ahyatt87 said:
    I wore a birdcage veil on an angle, and DH did not have to move it for any part of our ceremony, including the kiss :)
    Did you wear it the entire time or did you take it off after the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner?

• I took it off before the reception, but I did keep it on for some photos between the ceremony and dinner. I did a lot of dancing and I think it would have gotten in the way. Plus, I wanted some photos where my whole face was visible.
  • I wore a birdcage as well, and we didn't have to move it.  I switched it out for a headband without a veil for the reception.
    **The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards