Wedding Woes
Options

Feeling good on this icky Monday

How was the weekend?

Ours was awesome.  Saturday we too the kids to the ILs.  I forgot Max's coat so I had to buy one when we got there.  There is one discount store near their house and I was not feeling lucky.  I found a nice winter coat in under 5 minutes for $7.50.  After practically pushing them out the door we got the good donuts and headed for the home show.  We got a few good ideas and numbers for painters.

Then it was Home Depot and Lowe's.  We found a vanity and flooring.  Then it was off to an awesome dinner- Moscow mule and ahi tuna flatbread. mmmmm.

Sunday DH and I sat and drank coffee and ate donuts with nobody whining at us.

He went to get them and I cleaned, went to the good grocery, did a yoga dvd, and ate lunch in peace.  AWESOMENESS.

Re: Feeling good on this icky Monday

• Options
    Friday-- DH got off at a decent time.  We just hung out and watched TV. 

Saturday--DH and I worked.  My dad took DefConn for a few hours.  The kiddo had a friend over to stay the night.  DH's cousin was in town from NC and we went out to dinner with him, his wife, and all the local IL's from my MIL's side.  We tried a local burger place and it was super good...and cheap.  We fed 5 people and DH and I each had a couple beers for well under $100.  

Sunday--Took the kiddo's friend to meet his mom and then hung out and watched football all day.  

Now I'm catching up on the TV I missed last night because I was watching the Golden Globes.  :)
  • Options
    tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2015
    DH and I decided on Saturday afternoon to do a kitchen makeover over the weekend.  We gave the ceiling a fresh coat of white and got two coats of paint on the walls.  We just need a few touch ups here and there.

We're also going diy some wainscotting/board and batten (I don't really know the difference).  It's going to be like this ::fingers crossed::

DD1 had her first basketball game of the season on Saturday and scored 3 times.
  • Options

I like that Taw.  I'm trying to decide if I want to do that too.  We had it in BFE and I hated how it was just one more thing to collect dust.  Especially in a bath where there is hairspray.

• Options
    I'm hoping it's not too bad to clean.  It is right next to the table and I do have to wipe that wall down every couple of days.

The original plan was to take down the existing disgusting chair rail/paneling and just put the boards directly on the wall.  When we took the paneling down we discovered they used glue to put the paneling on top of wallpaper.  So we're slapping up mdf rather than trying to get the glue and wallpaper off the walls.
  • Options
    Wallpaper creates a lot of issues, doesn't it?  :(  But, it sounds like you guys are about 60% through the planning phase for how to "fix" it Taw.  That sounds like a pretty solid plan to me. 

Weekend went so fast.  Stayed up Friday, visited my parents, bought gift for niece and just vegged.  It was nice.

Saturday was niece's bday party, but first we went to Old House to straighten up to ensure we were ready for photographer.  Then bday party, for a bit.  It was a nice amount of family, then back to house to watch photographer do his thing.  I will put another post about that.  Then running a few errands before H went to work.

While H worked, I did some stuff around the house===then had drinks with a friend, spur of the moment but it was awesome.  A great location with super fancy and tasty drinks.

Sunday was more of the same---errands, cleaning, I did sleep in until 9:30 though, that was awesome.  Back to old house once H got home---and we cleaned out more of his storage area, took down the opener to switch at the new house, etc.

Also---I tried to buy a new comforter, even sent H pics while in the store.  No dice, it was kinda tacky looking once I got it home, but I thought "meh, it'll work" and H got home and was all "me no likey".  So I'm taking it back---and just getting a refund.  I don't know how that'll work because I did the $25 a $100 purchase and the 20% cartwheel.  I'll probably get about $50 for it.  Whatever, I paid, I get it back.
  • Options

Holy shit 6let just told me what they ate at the ILs:

raisin cookie, lunch at Steak and Shake with chocolate milk, movie popcorn, cotton candy, skittles, and sprite, 4 timbits, dinner of sausage and pepperoni pizza and breadsticks and OJ.  No wonder the kid's tummy hurts today.

This is my favorite Go Bucks thing too (it's Jack Hanna)
    A little "trivia" in honor of the Ohio State Buckeyes!  #GoBucks #BucksvsDucks #cbusproud

• Options
    @tawillers
    that's board and batten. it's a type of wainscoting.

what are your baseboards going to look like?

i am tres jealous. the horrible previous owners nailed and glued the chair rail to the walls, so if i want board and batten, i would need to do $$$ repair work or cover the damage, and i am just not up for that.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    PF's birthday party was a hit. She had a great time. It was short (90 minutes) and music and she was in a heaven. The kids seemed to really enjoy themselves too. Got some imoan time and some Wzz time too.

Found out that the "free" car that my mom gave me is going to have a hefty price tag. We had a mechanic (our babysitter's boyfriend) check it out. It's leaking oil, the tires haven't been rotated in so long that we have to get 4 new tires, there are NO shocks, the rear brakes are completely gone, the wiper fluid tray is cracked, apparently it was in a rear end accident and the repair/paint job is shit. We have to get a quote on parts and labor and then decide if it's worth it to keep it or to sell it and get something new. I'm pretty pissed that my mother never maintained this car.

• Options
    I wanted to LOVE your post and alternately BOO it too.  So it gets a :-/

I'm also tres jealouse of your Wzz and imoan time.  But I'm so glad that PF had a great party.
  • Options
    It was nice. The show on Friday was awesome.  Some really great musicians with really great songs.  One lady did a hilarious song about the book that she called The Backpack Song.  It was the two main characters (Bryson and Katz) and the difference in their backpacks.  They also announced that they were using 50 Shades of Gray for the next book and expect hilarious results.

Saturday I ended up in a brunch meeting re: a political rally kicking off on Thursday.  Hopefully we pull everything off, I've got my fingers crossed.  Those of you on my FB page have been seeing my posts about it.  Sunday we at least got laundry finished.  The rest of the time I spent reading.  I've got a ton of books from the library and a bunch of new comics.  It was so damn cold that it was nice t just sit inside with some hot tea and a book.
  • Options
    hmonkey said:
    @tawillers
    that's board and batten. it's a type of wainscoting.

what are your baseboards going to look like?

i am tres jealous. the horrible previous owners nailed and glued the chair rail to the walls, so if i want board and batten, i would need to do $$$ repair work or cover the damage, and i am just not up for that.
    @hmonkey - the baseboards and top trim are just going to be 1X4s for now.  The slats are going to be 3in furring strips.  I am deciding how I want to finish off the top trim.  I'm not interested in a shelf look but I think I might want a little something more than just caulking it off like DH thinks we should do.

I might get it all up and decide I need some kind of smaller trim in front of the 1X4 at the bottom.
  • Options
    It was kind of meh. Had dinner with friends and the kids early on Friday night. H strolled in to the restaurant late looking like a hobo.

Saturday was the gym and I stupidly forgot to call for a spin bike and they were all taken so I didn't get one. I got a quick workout in but I had forgotten my phone also so no music. Then I had a hair appt from 11-1 while H stayed home with the kids and the cleaning people. i came home to relieve him, took the kids to lunch, the post office and the playground. When I got home he was sleeping. He woke up and then promptly continued to nap the rest of the afternoon. Really, pal? L was sleeping and A was quietly playing with his ipad, but come on. One nap per day is more than I ever take, so let's stop it. We had dinner with friends that night, but again, I got annoyed with H for deciding to get the car before I was ready to leave.

Yesterday, I woke with kids as usual, gave them a snack and took them to the farmer's market where I had to get into it with a couple of old bags. When we got back home at 10:40, H was still sleeping. I seriously almost lost it. We had breakfast with his family then came home and I took kids to Monkey Joe's but only after I expressed my displeasure with him and his nonsense.

Things are not good with us right now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    taw -- GO FOR BAROQUE!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards