Oregon
Options

Bridal Stores-SW PDX

Hi ladies,
I still have quite a bit of time before the wedding, but I wanted to start looking at dresses sometime in the next few months-not buying though, just getting a feel for what I like and what looks good on me. I currently live in the SW Portland area,  and was wondering if there were any David's Bridal, or any other stores you would recommend with dresses around the $700 mark?
Thanks!
imageimage

Re: Bridal Stores-SW PDX

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Charlotte's Weddings in Beaverton or Bridal Exclusives in Clackamas.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tower Bridal is by Lewis & Clark.

It's a little more help yourself, but my dress was about 600. I would recommend it though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is a David's Bridal by Washington Square off HIghway 217.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at Anna's Bridal.  They have a pretty big price range and lots of gorgeous dresses to choose from.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress for 1100 @ Tower Bridal.  They definitely had dresses for less too.  I've also heard great things about Bridal Exclusives as well.  Mine was the second dress I tried on, so I don't have a lot of other ideas :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went into Tower Bridal and I have never been so discriminated by my size. I'm not a skinny girl and they only carried 6, 8 and some 10. I'm sorry but with other stores that carry larger sizes my not going to try to fit something that I know will not fit. Bridal Exclusives is great they have you try on all kinds of dress so you know what will look good on you. I ended up getting my dress at a bridal show, Brides against Breast Cancer. It is a DB dress originally 800 but I got it for 300. Not sure if there will be another one in the area but it was a great experience!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    pdxskigirlpdxskigirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rosewood Bridal in Tigard also has a variety of price points - and a wide range of sample sizes.  The store is small (it's in the shopping center at the corner of 99W and SW Durham Road), but the service is great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine is from Anna's Bridal in Lake Oswego.  I had really good luck there and my dress was $850.  They were awesome to me, but some of my bridesmaids had customer service issues when calling in their measurements.
    Happily married since September 2010. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your help. I am writing all of these down to go check out!
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies,
    This is my very first post on here.  I went to Rosewood Bridals today and believe that I found THE dress.  I'm curvy and they went out of their way to make me feel comfortable and happy.  The dress I found was $785. So, not only is the customer service superb, the price is right.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Charlotte's Weddings and More and absolutely loved my experience there! They also have a wide range of prices, so i'm sure you could find something for under $700!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just bought my dress at Beautiful Brides for Less in Vancouver.  I had seen it on google... and thought it might be interesting just to see what they have.

Most of the dresses are off the rack, so what they have is what they have... with the exception of a few dresses that they can order (that are put in a specific spot so you know what you're looking at).

None of the dresses are over 400 dollars... and I just bought my dress for $249, which was half of my budget.  They have a no pressure sales approach.  The only time a sales person spoke to me was when I had a question or she was just checking in on me.

I had gone to Davids Bridal, my experiene there was HORRIBLE.  (I went to the one in Clackamas).  But if you're willing to travel to Downtown Vancouver, it's totally worth it.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you katlelyn for askin this question. I havent' started planning yet but have wanted to check out dresses too. And budget is deffinatley an issue with us. So thanks for asking a question i wouldn't have thought to ask. And thank you everyone else who had answers sounds like i might have to go check out some places.
    August 2011 sig challenge: Fave e-pic Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at Tower Bridal for $500 (half price but the perfect dress!) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I wanted to share my experiences so far to date.

The Silver Lining downtown.  They were incredible and they have a large selection of dresses that vary anywhere from $700 and up. Even if I don't end up buying here, I would highly recommend them as my 2nd favorite.

Rosewood Bridal in Tigard is my absolute #1 fave.  Great prices, fantastic customer service. Plus! No appointment necessary.  I recommend them highly and will most likely buy my dress here. 

The Bridal Station- Owner is very nice and helpful but she's moving soon and hasn't signed a lease yet.  Current site is by Washington Square.  I gave her my email address so that I can hopefully see the new store once she's set up and running.

The Hostess House in Vancouver-- Very helpful and very nice.

Charlottes in Beaverton- Was warmly greeted and allowed to browse.  They were helpful and friendly.  I would go back.

Davids- Very helpful but I've just not had much luck finding a dress that I love here.  Not anybody's fault.  Service has been very good to date.

Other places I've been to but won't go back:

Annas- Found a dress I really liked there but didn't like their sales tactics.  Anna told me I had to give her a decision because somebody else was also interested in the dress. I'm not buying a used car and I wouldn't even buy a car from a sales person using that tactic.  The kicker-- the dress is still available to order.

Tower Bridal- Acknowledged me which is a plus but was quick to point out when they were closing in an hour and a half and that I couldn't try anything on.  Stated that I had only come in to browse and that when ready to try stuff on, would schedule an appointment. Beautiful selection but no variance of sizes above a size 12.  When I asked, she told me that this was the average woman.  I pointed out to her that the average woman is a regular 14.  So whomever said they were size-ist, was/is absolutely correct.

Ania- Didn't even greet me. Didn't even acknowledge my presence.  Buh-bye.

Beautiful Brides for Less- Didn't get greeted here either but prices are fantastic if you can find a dress that you love. This is a place I'd have to go back to frequently to check the stock. The only reason I wouldn't go back here is not because of the lack of greeting but because of the distance.  It's a place I'd need to keep checking on for new dresses so for the drive and the gas, I'd rather stay local.  However, if your bottom line is budget; and you live near Vancouver; this is the place to go.

Bridal Exclusives in Clackamas- Didn't get greeted here which was a shame as they have a ton of pretty dresses. 

Bottom line for me-- I have worked retail in my past and I currently work with HR Managers all day long now.  I expect a HI! at the very least.  I'm not a picky person by nature but I do have high customer service standards and I don't think a Hello is asking too much.

I plan on checking out more stores as I'm not getting married until August of next year but thought I'd share what I'd experienced to date.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards