Louisiana-New Orleans

House of Broel

My finace and I are looking for venues for a small 60-75 person wedding. I read about House of Broel and visited the website. However, I was wondering if any of you Knotties have been there or had a wedding there? Or is there any good places that I might be interested in. 

Re: House of Broel

• We toured there when looking for a venue. The owner was bizarre and when we told her some of the things we wanted she seemed put off and kept pushing her vendors or way of doing things. The courtyard was pretty but seemed a little squished and the inside was just not really our style, outdated maybe?

We ended up going with the Benachi House in the end.
  • nolabride2015nolabride2015 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2015
    We visited it, but I'd second what ZeroOrchestra said.  Mme Broel is... unusual, and you kind of have to be willing to do things exactly how she'd like them.  My fiance and I felt like if we were young kids who lived in town and price was our primary consideration, we might have gone with it, but for all the effort and planning we are putting into our DW, we wanted to be able to customize things more, and... she's quite particular - I just had visions of her clashing with my mother or something on my wedding day.  Seriously, of all the places we visited, this was the one where the side coordinator (and all the kitchy, dusty tchotchkes and decorations around the place) were two of the main reasons we decided it wasn't for us.

If you're looking for something similar, check out:

1) Napoleon House
    2) Bourbon Vieux (and the other venues they have)  It's not quite as cheap as Broel but the prices are pretty good, and they have several different venues..
    3) Pat O's Briar's Suite
    4) Cafe Soule / Paris Room
    5) Irish Cultural Museum
    6) Pharmacy Museum (you'd need an outside caterer, but First Class Catering has great food and is really reasonably priced, and they can bring the tables/chair etc...)

we didn't see Benachi house, but have heard good things about that too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards