Moms and Maids

New to board. Flower girl gift to bride

Hello
My cousin is getting married this year.  I am a bridesmaid and my daughter is a flower girl (2yrs old).  I want to get a nice present from my daughter to give at the shower.  I would like it to be something for the wedding or sentimental  instead of just something off the registry or as part of my gift.  Any ideas?  I will check with her mom if it is something for the wedding to make sure she doesn't have it.  Thanks in advance
Anniversary Lilypie Maternity tickers image due, March 15

Re: New to board. Flower girl gift to bride

• Hello
    My cousin is getting married this year.  I am a bridesmaid and my daughter is a flower girl (2yrs old).  I want to get a nice present from my daughter to give at the shower.  I would like it to be something for the wedding or sentimental  instead of just something off the registry or as part of my gift.  Any ideas?  I will check with her mom if it is something for the wedding to make sure she doesn't have it.  Thanks in advance
    I don't have any ideas on a sentimental gift for your cousin because I don't know your cousin.
  • Hello
    Have your daughter draw her a picture, scribble on a page in a wedding or princess coloring book, or pick something out for your cousin from the dollar store.  Something actually FROM your daughter to your cousin will be more sentimental than something you as a parent come up with.
  • The picture is a cute idea.  
    Anniversary Lilypie Maternity tickers image due, March 15
  • adk19 said:
    Hello
    Have your daughter draw her a picture, scribble on a page in a wedding or princess coloring book, or pick something out for your cousin from the dollar store.  Something actually FROM your daughter to your cousin will be more sentimental than something you as a parent come up with.

Love love love this idea.  What a treasure it would be to have a picture colored for you by the FG that can be kept with the wedding keepsakes.  You could even look at little craft kits at Michael's or Hobby Lobby that  your DD could do that could be a wedding present.

I think you have a great idea, but I think it should be something your DD makes rather than something you buy.

• vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2015
    Not sure how much you are looking to spend, but a friend gave me a gift certificate for this and I absolutely LOVE it.  It is the best gift I got.  You send them a picture from the wedding and it's turned into a digital drawing.  It came out SO good and something I'd never have know of to buy for myself.  It was so much more personal then the gifts off my registry or money.   

• My SIL 's 3 year old niece and flower girl presented SIL bride with a locket heart which had a lock of hair in it, and a flower petal. Her mother wrote in a card, when you have a child of your own, use this for a lock of hair and a picture of your baby.

It was very sweet and sentimental.SIL took a ribbon from her bouquet. And flower girl was so happy bride tied the ribbon in her hair, she showed everyone all day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards