Flowers

No Bouquet

edited January 2015 in Flowers
I have a very small floral budget- $500. I am thinking about nixing my bouquet and I'm 90% comfortable with the idea. Anyone else go without a bouquet? Did you miss it?

For those who carried one do you feel it was wOrth the money?

Re: No Bouquet

• Oh my gosh, sorry if this is bad. I think you'll miss it. I couldn't imagine not having one. Have you thought of going with a non floral bouqet or even fake flowers?
  • My bouquet was worth every penny.  But then again I always wanted a huge ass bouquet and could not imagine going without one.

The only thing you need to consider is how fidgety are you when you are nervous/excited?  The good thing about a bouquet is that it gives you something to do with your hands.  This way you aren't fidgeting or touching your face or scratching at your arm or any other nervous tick you may do and be unaware of.

Also, you don't need to spend an arm and a leg on your bouquet.  You could do something small and inexpensive.  Or you could buy a brooch bouquet or search the DIY board for ideas.

• Oh my gosh, sorry if this is bad. I think you'll miss it. I couldn't imagine not having one. Have you thought of going with a non floral bouqet or even fake flowers?
    My "dream" bouquet would actually be made of balsa wood flowers but they are like $110-180; almost the same as a real bouquet, and I simply don't have that much money I think- even if I did non floral centerpieces.

I'm open to silk flowers too for it; I just don't know if I want to spend money on one for myself at all.  I'm not over budget on almost anything yet, but I'm basically right at budget on everything, so I don't even know if I could scrape together enough for a balsa wood bouquet....
  • My bouquet was worth every penny.  But then again I always wanted a huge ass bouquet and could not imagine going without one.

The only thing you need to consider is how fidgety are you when you are nervous/excited?  The good thing about a bouquet is that it gives you something to do with your hands.  This way you aren't fidgeting or touching your face or scratching at your arm or any other nervous tick you may do and be unaware of.

Also, you don't need to spend an arm and a leg on your bouquet.  You could do something small and inexpensive.  Or you could buy a brooch bouquet or search the DIY board for ideas.
    Yes, I've thought about what I'd do w/ my hands.  It's a concern but only a minor one.  I also have no wedding party, so not sure who'd hold it while I was engaged in the actual ceremony- seems odd to hand to someone in the audience. 

I could look into a brooch bouquet, but I'm assuming they are pricey, and the cost would still have to come from my floral budget...
  • Here is my bouquet, made from sola wood.  It was $89 and custom-made for me.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• edited January 2015
    kipper88 said:

Here is my bouquet, made from sola wood.  It was $89 and custom-made for me.

Lovely!  May I ask where you purchased it, @kipper88?
  • I purchased it on Etsy.  It just arrived yesterday and it's even more beautiful in person.  Super lightweight too.

• Would you consider sharing the shop name?  I've looked on Etsy and all everything I found was in the price range noted in one of my comments above.  Thanks @kipper88!

• I sent you a PM.

• The one that @kipper88 posted is gorgeous! 

Baby's breath is also a really inexpensive option! Plus it looks gorgeous. Maybe for your bridesmaids' bouquets? 

Good luck!
  • The one that @kipper88 posted is gorgeous! 

Baby's breath is also a really inexpensive option! Plus it looks gorgeous. Maybe for your bridesmaids' bouquets? 

Good luck!
    Thanks- I am looking into her vendor. No wedding party but we will have corsages and bouts. for dads/moms and grandma and grandpa.

Pretty sure we'll do the Sola wood and fresh flowers ordered in bulk for simple centerpieces.
  • I only spent $550 for all of my wedding flowers and I had a bouquet. We did two corsages, four bouts, my bouquet, 14 hydrangea stems and 12 long stems of flowers I can't remember right now (cheap, inexpensive ones).

What are you thinking of doing for centerpieces? We did vases with green apples and hydrangeas and a long stem in each wine bottle on the table - used the bottles as table numbers. Still got to have flowers on tables but kept it cheap. Each vase only needed one stem and we had 7 tables. H and I were at a sweetheart table and just used my bouquet as our centerpiece.

Have you gotten quotes from a florist yet? I was very surprised that our flowers came in so cheap. My bouquet was the most expensive but I also told her to do whatever she wanted with the flowers, as long as it was colorful. The bouts and corsages were super cheap because we didn't use expensive flowers.

• I only spent $550 for all of my wedding flowers and I had a bouquet. We did two corsages, four bouts, my bouquet, 14 hydrangea stems and 12 long stems of flowers I can't remember right now (cheap, inexpensive ones).

What are you thinking of doing for centerpieces? We did vases with green apples and hydrangeas and a long stem in each wine bottle on the table - used the bottles as table numbers. Still got to have flowers on tables but kept it cheap. Each vase only needed one stem and we had 7 tables. H and I were at a sweetheart table and just used my bouquet as our centerpiece.

Have you gotten quotes from a florist yet? I was very surprised that our flowers came in so cheap. My bouquet was the most expensive but I also told her to do whatever she wanted with the flowers, as long as it was colorful. The bouts and corsages were super cheap because we didn't use expensive flowers.

Our idea for centerpieces is almost exactly the same as yours.  We love beer and we were just going to group three bottles from the same brand on each table (my fiance is excited b/c he'll get to drink up to about 15 different beers if we need all of the tables) and the beer name will be the table "number." 

We'll just stick fresh flowers in each bottle.  My planner / DOC said she could even do this the morning of for us if we just go with simple flowers and I don't see why we wouldn't.

I think I can get all of the sola flowers I need for right around $200; the rest can go to the bulk / fresh flowers for centerpieces.

Our planner had a florist who readily agreed to work with our $500 budget, and I like the photos of her work I saw, but I think if I'm going to do a bouquet, I'd like to be able to keep it forever.
  • @FeeleyToBe I love the idea of the beer bottles! If we hadn't gotten married at a winery, I would've loved to have done something to incorporate beer bottles in with our wine bottles. You should be able to get fresh, simple flowers for the bottles pretty cheap. I can't remember the exact cost of our stems but I don't think they were more than $2-$3 a piece.

Totally get wanting to keep the bouquet forever. Mine was so pretty and I would've loved to have looked it every day. H actually insisted on drying/preserving his bout because he loved it so much (he LOVES fresh flower).

• If you go to a florist and say "I have a $500 budget and here's what I need" you're going to find more often than not that they're willing to work with you.  The key is you also need to be flexible. 

Another option is Sam's sells Wedding flowers in packs already done up that are lower than $500.  That said - I'd still work with a florist to design something that fits your budget!!!

• Haha after posting, I realized, it's probably the same as @kipper88's etsy bouquet :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards