Oregon

inexpensive but beautiful outdoor wedding ideas???

Hey PDX Brides!!!!!!!!!!!
I need help!  I want a beautiful outdoor wedding in Portland.  I just dont know where to go.  have a total of $5000 for the entire wedding, and most will probably be on food...I just want a beautiful place that I don't have to do much decorating and we can have the reception right on site.  I am thinking a park or something...is there a place you have used that you want to share pictures of?  Any ideas would be wonderful!  Thanks so much!

Re: inexpensive but beautiful outdoor wedding ideas???

• edited December 2011
    Our entire budget was $5000 as well, and we went with McMenamin's Cornelius Pass Roadhouse for an outdoor ceremony/ indoor reception.  We went with them because they don't charge a separate site rental fee- you just pay a food and drink minimum.  Pics in my planning bio :)
  • edited December 2011
    The Parks & Recreation districts have some cool properties to use -- have you looked at Jenkins Estate? It's in Aloha, really pretty property and it's owned by Tualatin Hills Parks. I don't know the specifics, but since it's a park-owned thing I dont' think its too expensive.
    The site is: http://www.thprd.org/
  • felkelsfelkels member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    the permit to use a park is pretty cheep and I believe for some parks you can get an additional permit to serve wine and beer at your reception.
  • edited December 2011
    My budget is close to yours ($6500) and I too am doing it at a McMenamin's (Kennedy School) where about $1400 is going toward food.  Note, at McMenamin's if you buy enough in food, (minimum depends on which McMenamin's you pick) you get the space for free.

Do you have a theme yet?  For me, decor depends on your theme.
  • felkelsfelkels member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We found a venue!  Thanks everyone.  We actually had a cute little prayer chapel booked for several months and canceled because we wanted more people and our church would have been free...My mom offered us our $5000 budget last week...so I decided I needed the outside wedding of my dreams.  I guess I realized the prayer chapel is still my dream with a park reception after.  The park is jsut behind, and both are beautiful!  So before someone snagged it up, I booked the chapel again. 
    As for a theme, It is going to be summer picnic I guess.  I don't really want a "theme" but our reception is just going to be a casual summer afternoon picnic.  Thanks. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards