Wedding Woes

Happy HUMP Day!

How is everyone today? 

Happy Birthday to little PF, Dixie!  She looked quite excited in those photos.  *squee*

I don't really have much to share other than the fact that we had 3 showings yesterday and 1 is planned for today.  I am trying to remain cautiously optimistic and if something doesn't happen, feedback is just as good as long as it's not "It's too close to x,y,z" and it's something we can change.

Re: Happy HUMP Day!

• Alllllmost done with the kitchen.  We ran out of some things last night and were too pooped to go get them.

I have been up since 11 last night.  DD1 got sick all night.  Poor kid.  I'm not sure what's going on with her.  No other symptoms.  She'll get stomach cramps, puke and then feel ok for 30-45 minutes when the next cramps and puking come.
  • I will take any construction project ever over moving again.

6let has kinder today and I'm taking the others to the library. 

I'm annoyed at MIL asking us to come over for cake and ice cream for sFIL's bday. I'm more annoyed at DH for asking me.  He's a grown ass man do we really need to drive 2.5 hrs to eat Kroger cake?  I want to say there's a football game on, but that's not very nice.

• I'm also searching for a pair of flat-1" heeled black boot midcalf. I'm struggling.
  • 6-I would've said just that, but I'm also kind of bitchy today.  I'm blaming hormones. 

6, also what is your budget, do you have issues with anything as far as zipper no zipper, wide calf needs?
  • Luckily DH emailed so I didn't have to hide my eye rolling. I'm most mad at me for saying "whatever."  We don't have plans and I can nap in the car.

Budget is $50ish.  I have no calf issues or zipper. I've sort of been liking the lace up combat types, but then I think they look like steel toes.  I ultimately want something I can walk around the mall with regular jeans or skinnies.  I just don't like them up to my knee.

• I sort of like these in the grey, but the reviews on size are all over the place.

http://www.amazon.com/Marco-Republic-Expedition-Womens-Military/dp/B00KQ0U5OK/ref=sr_1_9?rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1421244890&sr=8-9&keywords=boots+for+women

(I have amazon credit so that makes it a preferred place)

• thanks, @ftrmrs0! I'm hoping 4 is better than 3, but so far it's shaping up with just as much attitude as the last year :D I can't believe my baby is 4! How did that happen?!

Tonight is going to be crazed and I'm sure it's going to throw bedtime into the crapper. Birthday presents (from party and from us), cake, and just a little 3 of us celebrating.

I'm wiped. Between PF's bedtime issues, and 2.0 causing a ruckus I'm sleeping poorly if at all. Luckily I have Monday off so I can hopefully catch up on some sleep. I even get to sleep in a little on Tuesday since PF has a doc appointment. We don't have to be up at dawn to get ready for the bus.
  • Morning. I was going to get up at 5:30 am to workout but slept through that alarm. One of the dogs was up several times last night to go potty and because I'm the only person in the house who wouldn't sleep through a war I get the honor of walking downstairs to let them out. :/ DH did bring the kids to daycare this morning so that means I had about 20 minutes of time to myself. Today is work and that's about it for me.
  • @VarunaTT---you remember my saga with Sears, yes?  Yeah, not gonna go in that place again.  NOPE. 
  • thanks, @ftrmrs0! I'm hoping 4 is better than 3, but so far it's shaping up with just as much attitude as the last year :D I can't believe my baby is 4! How did that happen?!

Tonight is going to be crazed and I'm sure it's going to throw bedtime into the crapper. Birthday presents (from party and from us), cake, and just a little 3 of us celebrating.

I'm wiped. Between PF's bedtime issues, and 2.0 causing a ruckus I'm sleeping poorly if at all. Luckily I have Monday off so I can hopefully catch up on some sleep. I even get to sleep in a little on Tuesday since PF has a doc appointment. We don't have to be up at dawn to get ready for the bus.
    Yeah, 4 is all sass. DS is a great kid but he has some attitude. I got a face this morning because I didn't wash a cup he wanted to use at dinner time. You know, 10 hours from now. PF looks so cute Dixie, happy birthday to her!
  • Today is DIL due date with baby #3, and no contractions in site.  She had the other 2 at close hospital with the same Dr. This time she is going to a midwife group in Nashville that is about 1 hour 15 min. drive so I am a little worried, wish she would just go into labor already.  Since my DD had a baby with immediate issues that ended up passing away I am  very concerned about the midwife.  I know they deliver lots of babies but after you have lived through things not going as planned you have fears.  I try not to let her see though, other people have given her grief but I try hard not to let my crazy fear show.
  • Honestly, we saved so much money at Sears (probably between $400-$500) and our help was fantastic.  The first delivery would've been fine, it was on time, except that the delivery people (who were great) came in and told us to refuse the delivery.  Indeed, there was a huge dent down the front.

It was the saga of a delivery company who has their customer service outsourced to a foreign county, WHO NEVER ORDERED A NEW DAMN REFRIGERATOR TO BE DELIVERED but continued to make delivery dates, that was the issue.  And we know they didn't order it b/c when DH finally got irritated enough to cancel delivery, the store clerk went to check the "refrigerator they had in stock" and sure enough, it was the dented one we refused delivery on.
  • We would've saved HUNDREDS, but we needed a refrigerator because you know----we were in a new house without one and christmas was coming.  And yes, like that same delivery company, they didn't even have room on the truck for what was scheduled.  And then when it the delivery was set for reschedule---that didn't actually happen.  SO 4 days later H actually visits the store, and was basically told "oh sorry, not sorry" and we can't guarantee anything---or give you a break on pricing because we screwed up.  Nope.

At that point H was over it...story over.
  • Yeah, the money part was a big enough issue for us that we just kept putting a chair in front of the old refrigerator to keep it closed.  :D  If DH didn't HAVE to have an ice maker (I have no idea why, I regularly throw ice that is months old down the drain), the price wouldn't have been such a sticking point.
  • tawillers said:
    Alllllmost done with the kitchen.  We ran out of some things last night and were too pooped to go get them.

I have been up since 11 last night.  DD1 got sick all night.  Poor kid.  I'm not sure what's going on with her.  No other symptoms.  She'll get stomach cramps, puke and then feel ok for 30-45 minutes when the next cramps and puking come.
    'Tis the season.  DS came down with a stomach bug yesterday evening and it got DD this morning.  Both are asleep now--DS on me--and seem to be feeling somewhat better.  We were in the middle of a week-long meeting at work, so I wouldn't mind being home if these poor kids weren't sick.  Stomach viruses are the worst.  Got to try out the sanitizing cycle on the washing machine for the first time, so that's...something.
  • Heffalump said:
    tawillers said:
    Alllllmost done with the kitchen.  We ran out of some things last night and were too pooped to go get them.

'Tis the season.  DS came down with a stomach bug yesterday evening and it got DD this morning.  Both are asleep now--DS on me--and seem to be feeling somewhat better.  We were in the middle of a week-long meeting at work, so I wouldn't mind being home if these poor kids weren't sick.  Stomach viruses are the worst.  Got to try out the sanitizing cycle on the washing machine for the first time, so that's...something.
    It really is the worst.  Especially since she already had influenza A, strep and pink eye in both eyes in the last 26 days.  She's still wimpy and pathetic and occasionally dry heaving (there hasn't been anything to throw up since early this morning).  I really hate this.

DH got home and I took a 2 hr nap.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards