Wedding Woes
Options

Tar-jay

http://fortune.com/2015/01/15/target-to-exit-canada-market/

This kinda sucks. Target is closing all of their Canadian stores. Where the hell will I go when I forget to pack something for a trip to Canada?!

(For domestic/Canadian trips, I usually always seem to forget to pack something, or end up needing something that I wouldn't usually pack/have a spare - like when our stroller was stolen at Disneyland. We were at a Target in Calgary at least 2x in 5 days last summer -once for road trip snacks, and once for aloe cream because I somehow managed to get sunburned in Canada.)

Re: Tar-jay

• Options
    I typed a response but The Knot ate it. Grrr. Maybe it's too busy figuring out how to screw over people trying to import guest lists...

Anyways, I want to ask my friend what she thinks of this. She lives in the Toronto area and was so excited to have Target (she's from the US).
  • Options
    It sounds like their rollout was way too aggressive - they probably should have started with a small number of test stores in key markets (Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver) before opening 100+ stores in 2 years. 
  • Options
    Target is closing a store in a town about 40 mins from here.  I had never heard of them closing a US store until that news came out.  
  • Options
    Target is closing a store in our area.  It's a terrible store in a terrible location.   I think the mangement and employees from that store can be absorbed into other stores around here.
  • Options
    I'll be honest, if Target closes the store near me I'd be in mourning. Like deep serious, wear black and never leave the house sadness. Target is my spirit animal.
  • Options
    Yeah, Target closed a location nearby a few years ago. I think it was an underperformer, and opening a SuperTarget 10 miles down the interstate kinda sealed its fate.

When the store didn't transition to that mini-Supertarget corner shop concept, you knew trouble was coming.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Target closed a store in my county recently.  I'm not sad because it was small and there's another Target that's even a bit closer- it's also bigger.

It does make me worried that they are closing any though because it' must mean they're feeling some economic hardships, and I feel bad for Canadians who are losing all of theirs. 
  • Options
    There's a Super Target less than a mile from my house. It's always packed, so I'm not too concerned about it closing. 
  • Options
    Target should have put Tim Horton's in their stores instead of Starbucks. That probably would have been a bigger draw. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards