Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

MUA/Hair stylist wanting deposit before sending contract?

Today, I decided on a makeup artist/hair stylist or the morning of my wedding. I emailed her today telling her I've decided to book her and asked for her to send me a contract. Here's the response I got:

Here's what we need from you in order to move forward and secure your wedding date.
First, please send a check for the $100 deposit, made payable to [Company Name], to the address listed below in the signage. As soon as we receive it, we will send out you contract for you view and sign electronically. It will show your paid deposit and number of services needed.

Does that seem wrong to anybody else? It just seems sketchy to me. Or am I just paranoid? She has TONS of good reviews on TK and other sites, so I feel like she's got to be legit... but I'm not cool with giving her money without seeing the contract first. I wrote back saying I prefer to look over the contract before putting down a deposit. If she says no, I guess I'm gonna have to find someone else. I have trust issues. 

EDIT: Crisis averted. She's cool with sending me the contract before I put a check in the mail. Disregard :)
--

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards