Wedding Woes

Yay Friday!

This week went much better than last.  :D 

I believe DH does *not* have to work this weekend.  He didn't have to as of yesterday, so fingers crossed nothing goes to shit today. 

I went and played Bunco with my sister and her neighbors last night. It was a spur of the moment thing.   I've met most of them (two of them are wives of DH's management at his former job).  It was a lot of fun.  

What are you up to  this weekend?

Tonight: the kiddo's going to a bball game with my sisters.  DH and I may go to a viewing for the mother of SIL's former roommate/friend they grew up with.  
Tomorrow: Clean house...Grocery shopping
Sunday:  No clue in the morning, NFL playoffs in the afternoon. 

Re: Yay Friday!

• Did you actually play?  We never do.

We have a playdate today.

Tomorrow I'm meeting a friend for lunch and some window shopping.  I turned down buying new shoes and have a self imposed spending freeze.  I know there will be things I want to buy for the new rooms so I'm hoarding.

Sunday we're going to a 63yo man's cake and ice cream birthday party.

DH is off Monday and we have no plans.

Work is going really well.  They are giving me an extra hour a day and talk of upping it to 3 maybe 4 in fall.

• Yes, we actually played.  They play for money.  It was actually pretty competitive.  I need to make friends with the people in the neighborhood behind me and see if they have a group (or get one started).  That way I can drink and walk home.  ;) 

Come on spring.  LOL 
  • I was up all night with another puking child.  She seems to be doing better than her sister did and it has been nearly 4 hours since she puked last, so ::fingers crossed:: that it's over.

Tomorrow DD1 has a basketball game.  We have no other plans.  I'm going to wash everything and lysol the house again.
  • Tonight and tomorrow night we are playing cards with my sisters and families.  We were playing tonight and some couldn't make it so now we are playing both.  Other than that just church on Sunday and fingers crossed that we finally get a baby.  DIL is overdue and more than ready!
  • Ugh Taw!!  I wish there some magic "Ick Be Gone" for y'all.  It's been a miserable winter for your kiddos.  

It's supposed to get up to almost 50 tomorrow here.  Are your temps going up?  It may be worth opening the windows for just a few minutes to air the place out.  I feel like that helps 'refresh' things sometimes. 
  • The high temp for tomorrow is 39 but it might be worth it to get some fresh air in here.  According to DH, it smells like death in here, so apparently the cleaning and spraying isn't doing the entire job.
  • Tell everyone to bundle up and deal.  Or go outside.  ;) 
  • Oh Taw that's awful.  Bundle up in some blankets, turn on a movie, have some hot chocolate and air things out.
  • I have got to get my kitchen put back together.  Since the refrigerator saga happened the way it did, things are just a mess.  DH wants to go for a hike somewhere b/c it's supposed to be 50+.  He's so silly, just b/c it's 30° warmer than 20°, doesn't mean it's WARM.

Going to a friend's bday dinner tonight.  We're going to one of those Brazilian steakhouses where it's all you can eat meat.  I'm expecting a meat coma.  We were going to a donut decorating thing with the afterwards, but I had to bow out.  So, we're going to get her a Voodoo Doughnut beer instead.  I've spelled doughnut 2 different ways in this post.

Other than that, SSDD.
  • Today I have a dentist appointment (no idea why I scheduled it for a Friday afternoon) then it's relaxing. No idea what's in store for this weekend. We need to do some stuff around the outside of the house. Plus Monday is MLK Day so I've got the kids then.
  • I have given myself an Internet ban at work so I'm knotting from my phone.
    Not sure about weekend plans. H is upset with me for something I may share in a separate post. So that should be fun to dance around/sarcasm.

Traffic at our old house is pretty steady with about 2-3 showings per day. Our realtor said she expects a sale by Monday or an offer anyway.

I do know we have the cable company coming to install internet tomorrow so that is something. Still no cable TV though-which is fine by me.
  • DD starts with her dance classes tomorrow, has a birthday party immediately afterwards. Then it's errands and a jumpstart on cleaning out some crap in the house.

As a total aside, since DD's birthday is coming up, I think this year's Pinteresty contribution is making her birthday cake. I think I have a pretty cool idea for a cake that's within my skill level in cake decorating. I've already made a few cupcakes with some test flavors and used the amount of food dye I would need to get the colors I want. Which is vivid. Toilet doesn't know what hit it ;)

And this is what I plan to serve other people's children ;)
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • @ftrMrs0 I used to the do the same thing, so I just quit. :D
  • Yeah. I adjusted well but DH is struggling a bit.
  • I'll bury a little aw here: 6let's report card is awesome! She warned there weren't many exceeds given at this time of year, but he got oodles of them.  The only meets expectations (which is still really good) was in gym (?) and his only progressing is in writing.  It's the first time they've been evaluated for this so if he's not all that great in writing a 4 sentence retelling of a story I'm ok with that. 
  • i took my car for an oil change today at the dealer where i bought it. their service department sucks. It took 2 HOURS and 10 MINUTES for a damn oil change. (they do some additional stuff, like rotate the tires, fill fluids, check the brakes, wash the car, so an hour is considered "typical")

just finished writing a one star review on their FB page. i think i've finished using all of my pre-paid oil changes/service appointments from purchasing the car, so I'm going to take it to the one other Subaru dealer in the area for the next service appointment. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards