Honeymoon Discussions

Heading to the DR

This will be my first time heading out the country and i'm excited and nervous. We will be heading to an all-inclusive resort (I hear those are the best) in La Romana Dominican Republic. Has anyone been there before? Any tips on flying? I'm fully prepared for a Bridesmaids movie breakdown lol 

Re: Heading to the DR

• My tips for long travel:
    Bring noise cancelling headphones, ear buds are killer on that long of a flight. Dress for comfort with layers, don't want to be hot or cold on the flight (I even bring my own blanket in my carry on and my slippers). Bring a neck pillow! Get a gallon ziploc and put your passport and print outs of everything, flight details, resort details etc. in your purse, you will need the resort name/address for customs papers and don't want to be digging for them.. A pen is a good idea as well.

We did an all inclusive in the DR two years ago and had a great time, I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • definitely a pen!  know your hotel transportation ahead of time - book it ahead if you haven't already and write down the companyname and if you know they have on orange shirts or green or whatever.  Not sure on DR but other places youcome out of customs and it is a barrage of people trying to talk about timeshares, excursions, transportation etc and can be intimidating and confusing if you don't know who to find.

bring snacks for the plane or unexpected delay so you don't have to buy airport food.  some also bring an empty water bottle to fill up at the airport or I always buy a sprite in the airport bc it settles my stomach (and I always make sure to not eat anything that could upset it)

get one of those insulated bubba mugs (or something similar) for the resort.  They're great for filling with a mixed drink or beer (barteners will fill them up) or even jus ice/water for keeping a drink cold while sitting on the beach.  Pool float can also be fun and packs easily

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards