Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

I'm afraid I'm going to bawl on my wedding day. Is there anything to stop it?

It's not attractive when I cry... I'm whiter than the sun so I get this ugly red patch on my neck and face when I cry... also my big nose runs and my eye tear up just THINKING about marrying him.I seriously can't believe HE wants to spend the rest of this with ME-.... it blows my mind and makes me cry when I think about our wedding day ... is there anything I can do to stop the tears and red blotches?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I'm afraid I'm going to bawl on my wedding day. Is there anything to stop it?

• I thought I was going to come apart as well, but I didn't.  It was too fast and I was too distracted by everything going on.  I also wrote the vows so that we didn't have to say them to each other, the JOP said them and then we said "I do".  This was definintely done on purpose, because I was afraid of choking up with snot running down my face.  I think knowing that I didn't have any tissues handy is what helped cure me...I just did not want to look all disgusting and it squelched the urge.
  • Think of Clowns.  . . my mom told me about this commercial with a clown and kids and the kids pretty much scream at the clown (sorry, its random) but it kept me from crying -I frown when I cry, even if its a happy cry-   Worked like a charm!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I learned this trick to help me from showing emotion, happy or upset, in business meetings. Press the tip of your tongue solidly into the roof of your mouth.  It won't completely stop you from crying, but it does slow it down a bit. 
  • I thought I would be a disaster..I was for weeekkksss before the wedding. When I was waiting in the brides room I kept thinking i was gonna pass out, I cried getting my hair done and cried when getting my makeup done (made the job tough) BUT when they opened those doors I was hit by SUCH a dramatic wave of calm. All of a sudden everything was good and happy and warm, I felt like I was in bubble with just me walking towards my future husband (there were 400 people there and I had NO IDEA)  I teared up a tiny bit during the vows, but all and all it was MUCh easier than I expected! Good luck! Youll be fine!
  • scmeg - you are gorgeous! I hope you don't mind I saved your picture on my computer. Your hair and flowers are EXACTLY what I was looking for. I had a picture in my mind, but couldn't find anything I loved. Your picture is perfect! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Aww thanks! I havent gotten by pro pics back yet, but here are some in a photobucket album if you want to see more.

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg287/scmeg72/fairytale%20wedding%20pictures/
  • Are you guys doing "First look" pics?? Many people have said that this helps A LOT!
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • Here's a few tips I read in a book:
    - Think about something else
    - Concentrate on inanimate objects, your flowers, a chair, a column.
    - Take deep breaths
    - Look only at your fiance or object close by, if you see someone crying, it may make you cry.
  • You know, that is a great idea! I think I will try that myself!
    I'll call everyone and will tell them how much they mean to me the night before.
    That way, you get all the mushy stuff out of the way and if you don't have time to do the one on one thing on the day of the wedding, well, you got to tell them how you felt the day before!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards