Honeymoon Discussions

June Honeymoon recommendations?

714hbbride714hbbride member
First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
edited January 2015 in Honeymoon Discussions
Does anyone have any recommendations for a June honeymoon? Here are some criteria I would like to meet:
  • Warm during the month of June!!
  • Outside of the US is preferred but not mandatory
  • Would prefer some kind of beach location
  • I would like something outside of mainstream tourist cities. When I previously traveled to Jamaica I stayed about 30 minutes outside of the nearest tourist town and saved a TON of money this way. 
  • Payment options would be great!!
  • I would love something that has fun activities to do but also has the options of some splurges (fine dining or spa)!!
I might be looking for too much but I would love to meet all these criteria, if possible. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: June Honeymoon recommendations?

• Can you give us an idea of budget? Also, where are you traveling from?

My first thought would be Costa Rica - you can stay in one place the whole time and do excursions from there, or you can split your time between the beach and a more adventurous location (La Fortuna/Arenal = volcano + hot springs; Monteverde/Santa Elena = cloud forests + ziplining). Costa Rica can be done on a lower budget or you can splurge - there are tons of options for hotels at all different price points,
  • I haven't been, but Belize is supposed to be amazing too.  And seconded Costa Rica if you like adventure/outdoor stuff.  But really, anywhere with a beach will be hot in June unless you're going super far south (Australia south).  

• You could go to Baja California-the weather still isn't too hot in June (well, most of the time) and you get a nice coastal breeze.  I went down to Baja in November, and we stayed via Air BnB paying about $70/night for a full apartment.  We had fun going to different towns to find stuff for dinner every night.
  • Traveling from Los Angeles and $3,000 max but the lower the better!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I got married in June, we went to Belize.  It's the start of the rainy season but it only rained once the entire 10 days we were there. It was amazing and not to expensive either.  We split up our time, we spent 5 days on an island off the coast of Belize and then 5 days in the interior/jungle to do some sight seeing.  PM if you want details on the resorts we stayed at.  We had the best vacation ever.

Anniversary

• Anywhere on the Mediterranean would have my vote.
  • Anywhere on the Mediterranean would have my vote.
    That's a long flight from LA unless they have more like two weeks, though. And a $3000 budget isn't going to go very far either, unfortunately.

I was going to suggest Costa Rica too, as it sounds like it would tick all your boxes quite neatly.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amelisha said:

Anywhere on the Mediterranean would have my vote.

That's a long flight from LA unless they have more like two weeks, though. And a $3000 budget isn't going to go very far either, unfortunately.

I was going to suggest Costa Rica too, as it sounds like it would tick all your boxes quite neatly.

Oops missed that! Yeah I agree Costa Rica would be a great pick.
  • We just booked our honeymoon last week, we are also honeymooning in June. we are going on a 5 day cruise to western Caribbean with carnival cruise . We are flying to Miami from LAX then going cruising then hanging in Miami for 2 days . I think total cruise price was a little over 1600 . We used miles took our plane trip but i think they were around 800 for to round trip. hope that helps . ps carnival just needed a deposit of 200 . pay as you go .. final payment due end of april . If you want more info email me mumba24.com@gmail.com
  • Thanks, ladies!! I will check out all of those suggestions. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We're also honeymooning in June. We're in Portland and we're spending a week in Cartagena, Columbia. We picked it for the combination of history, culture, beaches, and adventure. We paid $1600 for airfare and $1000 for our boutique hotel but there were lots of cheaper hotel options too. So for $2600 we're honeymooning in a great international location. I would really encourage you to look at northern South America because it can definitely be done on a budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards