Illinois-Chicago

DO NOT BOOK BILLY CROFT AND THE 5 ALARM!

Unfortunately we had our first wedding planning mishap.  We had Billy Croft and the 5 Alarm booked for our 10/03/15 wedding for about nine months now.  We received an E-MAIL from Barb Weigand for ArtsWarrior (she's their so-called manager) stating that Billy Croft could not longer play at our wedding due to the band booking an event in Rome.  They apparently booked the Rome trip without discussing their calender of events with her.  So much for being a "manager".  She told me that it was a once in a lifetime opportunity for them.  Understandable-but that is also what our wedding is for us, so that reason didn't make her sound remorseful.  On the bright side, we still have some time to find a better band who won't cancel on us!  Any suggestions for a country band would be awesome!  Thanks in advance and I would love for no bride to ever have to go through this!

Re: DO NOT BOOK BILLY CROFT AND THE 5 ALARM!

• Unfortunately we had our first wedding planning mishap.  We had Billy Croft and the 5 Alarm booked for our 10/03/15 wedding for about nine months now.  We received an E-MAIL from Barb Weigand for ArtsWarrior (she's their so-called manager) stating that Billy Croft could not longer play at our wedding due to the band booking an event in Rome.  They apparently booked the Rome trip without discussing their calender of events with her.  So much for being a "manager".  She told me that it was a once in a lifetime opportunity for them.  Understandable-but that is also what our wedding is for us, so that reason didn't make her sound remorseful.  On the bright side, we still have some time to find a better band who won't cancel on us!  Any suggestions for a country band would be awesome!  Thanks in advance and I would love for no bride to ever have to go through this!
    I'm sorry that happened to you, but I do not think it warrants the BANNING you suggest. Did you thoroughly look over the contract you signed? Surely they must have had some sort of clause that allows them to do this without reproach. Also, when you post on multiple boards, you need to add "XP" to your title so posters don't respond to each thread.
  • Thanks for the heads up on the XP. I haven't used the forums much. The banning you are mentioning is technically a strong suggestion-I can't stop any bride from making their decision on their entertainment and I certainly can't ban the band from playing. Yes, of course I looked over the contract throughly-they are returning my security deposit because the contract fell through due to their irresponsibility. I'm still left trying to find a band and a location that was rented out specifically for them that I now have to make other plans for. It basically boils down to added stress due to a circumstance that was avoidable and unprofessional. The point was to throw out a review/suggestion and maybe it'll help someone else.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards