Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Different Interests- What to do?

emmswocceremmswoccer member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited January 2015 in Honeymoon Discussions
My fiance and and I are having a hard time deciding where to go on our honeymoon. I'm more of a beach, adventuring, and warm weather kind of girl. He likes hiking, dislikes the beach, and loves to do photography. Wedding day is September 26, 2015. We'd be interested in leaving right after that or postponing the honeymoon until winter (Nov-Mar) for anywhere from 6-12 days.  We'd be leaving from the greater Boston area.

I've looked into a couple of the Caribbean Islands (St. Lucia, St. Martin) and Belize. Any thoughts on either of these or any other destination recommendations? We have no preference as to it being in the USA or international. We're also on a tighter budget and would like to keep the whole trip less than $3500 absolute hard max limit.

Thank you!!!

Re: Different Interests- What to do?

• Options
    My fiance and and I are having a hard time deciding where to go on our honeymoon. I'm more of a beach, adventuring, and warm weather kind of girl. He likes hiking, dislikes the beach, and loves to do photography. Wedding day is September 26, 2015. We'd be interested in leaving right after that or postponing the honeymoon until winter (Nov-Mar) for anywhere from 6-12 days.  We'd be leaving from the greater Boston area.

I've looked into a couple of the Caribbean Islands (St. Lucia, St. Martin) and Belize. Any thoughts on either of these or any other destination recommendations? We have no preference as to it being in the USA or international. We're also on a tighter budget and would like to keep the whole trip less than $3500 absolute hard max limit.

Thank you!!!

First off, you and your FI need to work together to decide what you what to do. Do you want to be based in one location (say, a beachy area) but do day trips from there that appeal more to him on some days? Do you want to split your time 50/50 between two locations that are near each other where one appeals to you and the other to him? These kinds of compromises are exactly what you two need. For example, I can't do the beach for more than a couple of days, and all DH wanted to do was lounge around and do nothing on a beach for a week. So we compromised - we did an AI that had a beach for him, but took two days out in the middle of the trip to do more active excursions (ATVing through a jungle and swimming with dolphins) for me.
    Now, I am shamelessly going to copy/paste this from another recent thread I responded to:

My first thought would be Costa Rica - you can stay in one place the whole time and do excursions from there, or you can split your time between the beach and a more adventurous location (La Fortuna/Arenal = volcano + hot springs; Monteverde/Santa Elena = cloud forests [hiking] + ziplining). Costa Rica can be done on a lower budget or you can splurge - there are tons of options for hotels at all different price points.
  • Options
    I think it would be easy to compromise here. You can have a few days of adventure and a few days of relaxation. I too would recommend Costa Rica. It has both. 
  • Options
    I would also recommend Costa Rica. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards