Not Engaged Yet
Options

So it's Monday...

Ollie08Ollie08 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited January 2015 in Not Engaged Yet

How was everyone's weekend? Who's working and who has the day off?

We had a busy weekend with birthday parties for my Aunt and Grandma on Saturday, and one for my mom on Sunday. I also had a senior photo session yesterday. I think I'm more tired from the weekend than I was on Friday after working all week!

Anyone do anything fun?

ETF: Typing is hard on a Monday.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: So it's Monday...

• Options
    How's everybody doing?

My Monday is off to a rough start; but I'll get to that in a bit.

Friday - I got off work; went to the grocery store to pick up stuff to make for dinner and a cake for H.  Got home, Loki had pooped in his crate and got it all over himself, so I locked him and Nessie outside; put the groceries away; cleaned up Loki's crate.  Then I took Loki and gave him a bath.  After that I had to start on dinner.  H got home, we had dinner and then went to leave the kitchen; I asked H to move the cake I had got him from the counter to the stove, he forgot and my cat got into the cake and ate a lot of the frosting - the cake could not be saved.  So we only had 2 pieces of the darn thing!

Saturday - I got up and started doing laundry because I knew I was going to have to work all weekend 9:30p-6:00a.  H and I had to talk about chores and who could do what because I was overwhelmed because I felt he couldn't even manage a simple task of moving a cake 3 feet.  We started cleaning the kitchen so there would be more counter space and the stove top would be cleared off as well.  We had to go to H's parents house because we were celebrating his birthday.  When we were on our way home, my work called and said 'hey we have too many people scheduled; do you want the overtime or the sleep?' - I choose the sleep!! 

Sunday - Got up, finished up some laundry.  I watched a little TV.  I wanted to go to check out an open house and some other properties and I had a few other errands to run; so we did that.  The open house was kind of a bust; it was a starter home and not what we were looking for at all; but it did make us both realize we'd rather buy land and build.  So I'm going to set up a meeting with a builder and just go over the costs associated with building and see if it is an option for us.  My ankle started hurting as well... so this is not a good thing, usually I end up at the doctor's having to get a cortisone injection.  I'm going to try to see if it'll go away on it's own with over the counter pain killer stuff.

Monday - off to a rough start.  On Friday I had cracked the screen protector on my phone, so I had ordered a new one.  It came over the weekend.  I went to install it when I got to work, I kept getting it slightly off center so the corner wouldn't adhere so I had to move it, then I noticed the one corner just isn't adhering at all and between trying to center it and all I got dust under the screen cover.  The company said 'if you're not happy, let us know' so I emailed them and told them that the bottom left corner won't 'glue' down.  I'm hoping they replace it and I don't have to buy a new one.  Then I just did a rookie mistake at work, which ticked me off and I have to wait for somebody else to re-send me files so I can start over <sigh>.  Can I just go home?

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm feeling icky this morning but it's starting to wear off a bit.

This weekend was pretty good. We helped DH's mom move on Saturday and made a bit dent in her kitchen and basement.

Sunday we saw a house that we really loved! We would totally put an offer down right now if our lease wasn't ending in May. So hopefully it will still be available in a couple months.

Today we need to get some laundry and grocery shopping done.
  • Options
    My driveway had about 2 inches of ice this morning, so it was fun getting to my car.  The roads were clear so getting to work wasn't a problem.  I'll take feet of snow over this ice stuff any day.

Dignity100 Hopefully your day gets better!

Ollie08 Birthday celebrations all weekend sounds fun though!  

allusive007 I had a pajama day yesterday too, it was amazing.

Saturday I spent the day with my best friend and niece.  We got most of what she needed done to prepare for the baby.  And I can finally do the carseat without struggling.  

Sunday I sat on the couch in my pajamas all day.  I made penne vodka last night and think I'm going to make chicken marsala tonight.  I thought my bf's flight was tonight, but he gave me the wrong day, so I'll be picking him up tomorrow.   

• Options
    This weekend was both productive and not.
    On Friday we went shopping for groceries,so nothing exciting there.
    But Fi found out of nowhere a sleeping pillow he liked,his was getting into
    bad shape but he was difficult to find a new comfy one,so success.

Saturday I had so many things I wanted to do and then ended up watching
    episodes of The little couple,then talked with a bride for details,and it took a good
    three hours just to get the basics.Then Fi got home from work and we cooked and
    watched 90-day-fiance.

Sunday I had to work and so did Fi.By the time he got home,it was 4pm,and
    he still had to finish calculations for a kitchen he's working on,so after 2 hours
    I was out of any plans I had.We didn't go to my parents to talk about the party,
    we didn't go to IKEA either,and after all,he took me out to a small tavern here.
    The thing I didn't except,was to have the most amazing grilled-juicy chicken I've
    ever had in my life,and I'm a big chicken fan.

That was our weekend..yeap kinda boring,but what you gonna do.
    I haven't still cooked dinner for today,and feel like a fat blob.
    I've totally gained weight I don't seem to realize..
    In other news,we have to get my ring checked.I was reading the ring thread and 
    came across some ladies losing some stones etc,and well I noticed that I can
    spin my diamond with my nail.It's hold in three places,and whether I can't
    tell I can get it out or it might fall,and don't recall it spinning..It's been three full
    years I'm wearing it all day,and I feel like I should give it to be checked.
    I don't want to lose it,so I took it off,to do stuff and it feels weird having a bare
    finger,and having a tiny scar..

@Ollie08 Busy weekend you had there.Happy Birthdays to your family,how
    did the parties go?

• Options

Good morning ladies!

No holiday up here, so I am at work. Le sigh.

@allusive007 - Glad to hear everything is going well with baby!

@southernpeach89- Is there any way you could put in an offer on the house with a long closing? Our closing is 3 months and a bit, a co-worker of mine had a closing that was 4 or 5 months I think. Would that be an option?

I had a good weekend, not as busy as I expected which was nice!

Friday night FI and I went to dinner with his parents, and then he and I went to the movies with friends. We saw American Sniper which was awesome and sad and a really well done movie. A few gross scenes and a few that just broke my heart. I highly recommend it. And Bradley Cooper looks freakishly like Chris Kyle.

Saturday morning FI had hockey, and then we went to Home Depot for a bit to look an options for flooring and paint colours and stuff. We found a bunch of flooring options that we like, and I think we've settled on a paint colour for the main inside spaces of the house. As much as I wish we were closing sooner I'm really glad that we have plenty of time to figure out what we want to do with the inside and we can have a plan in place for what we're doing right away and what we're waiting on. I'm excited! We also went by the dealership where FI bought his car to talk to them about trading it in for something with a lower monthly payment. We test drove 2 cars, and of course each liked different ones. We said we would call them today so we have to talk about that at some point.

Sunday was church and then just a lazy afternoon. I was supposed to do an afternoon of cooking with FMIL and FSIL to stock up FSIL's freezer for when the baby comes, but she couldn't find any freezer recipes that she liked. I was looking forward to it, but it was also sort of nice to have an afternoon free. We watched tv and I did some vendor research and just lazed around.

Nothing exciting this week, but I have a shower on Saturday which should be fun...I hope?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @lmcooper86 -Hmmm...I'm not sure, in a couple weeks we are looking at a few more houses so I'll have to ask my realtor about that one.
  • Options
    @Dignity100 - TLDR the whole thing. I'm sorry your Monday is so rough. Hope it gets better!

@allusive007 - Yay for getting your ring back!! And great news about the baby :-)

@southernpeach89 - I'm glad you found a house you like! I agree with @lmcooper86, can you write an offer with a close date the end of April? Obviously if they have other offers who want to close sooner, they'd probably go with them, but it's worth a shot if you really love it.

@speakeasy14 - Yes they are! Lots of cake. Probably too much food overall this weekend.

@marylab - The parties were a great success. Lots of fun.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @Ollie08 -Yea I think if we don't see anything better in a couple weeks then we will probably do that because we both really loved this house.
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 Plus 1 on the long closing. I think we did two months, but even 3 months is a reasonable offer.

@Dignity100 Sorry you've had a rough couple of days.

I had a really nice weekend. The weather FINALLY cleared up Friday after a whole week of rain, clouds, and fog. Since then it's been sunny and in the 50s! Saturday was a lazy day. I made chicken enchilada soup in the slow-cooker and then later that afternoon H and I went on our first hike of 2015. We took this picture from the summit!

Sunday we met parents and @southernpeach89 and her H for a late coffee and donuts get-together and I went over to my parents again that evening for dinner. It was a nice, quiet, easy weekend and I loved it.

I'm WFM today, Tuesday and Wednesday and it's the best thing ever. I might take Cinders on a walk in a little bit but otherwise I have no real plans today outside of working.

• Options
    @Dignity100‌ Aw, man, that's rough. Time to relax it off! The bad's gotta end eventually.

@Ollie08‌ PARTIES! The photo session sounds awesome. Hope it all turned out great!

@allusive007‌ I'm so sorry about your friend. I don't know if I'd be able to manage without my favorite people. Wishing you the best. But yay for healthy babies!

@southernpeach89‌ May you get the best of houses!

@speakeasy14‌ Aaaaand now I know what I'm making for dinner tonight. The penne, that is. I'm wild about pasta.

@marylab‌ I identify with feeling like a fat blob. Food is good, though, so there's that. Also I read that thread too, I'm totally nervous about getting a band with diamonds now. I've lost diamonds in rings before and I do NOT want that happening. I planned for a white gold plain band anyway, but there's still the little stones in the engagement ring to worry about. It's a tough call.

@Imcooper86 I've heard so many good things about that movie I might have to see it now.

My weekend was straight-up work, but before that my boyfriend and I went to Atlantic City and stayed overnight at the Borgata! Okay, so we lost a lot of money. But it was amazing, the room was beautiful (and comped!), the food was fantastic and the breakfast brought to the room was perfect.

Today I'm off, but my brother discovered that day care us closed today so I have my 1 year old niece as well as my five year old nephew who slept over. I guess it's practice for a future brood. Two kids and an annoying dog... I'm trying. But they're good kids, and the dog... Well. He could be worse. Of course work tried to call me in and they might try again, but that ain't gonna happen.
  • Options
    Morning, all!

Friday night was gaming, and I put about 20 more rows on a baby blanket and watched the Rifftrax commentary with Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

Saturday I got writing from a PI to review, so I did that and kept knitting. FI got most of the living room and library under control. Listened to classical music just about all day. Picked up a few more flowers for the wedding.

Sunday FI and I went to my parents' house to celebrate my mom's birthday. My brother and I got her the same card - you couldn't plan it, it was hilarious. She got an amaretto cake with caramel filling from the same bakery that's doing our wedding cake, and that's one of our flavors, so mmm. We all watched football together - I continue to lead picks, and my dad and brother are mathematically eliminated. It all comes down to the Super Bowl. Cross your fingers!

We also got a centerpiece put together, and I'll post a pic later when I figure out how to get it from FI's phone to my computer.

Today we're looking into windshield repair because on our trip yesterday we got a chip in the windshield. Don't know if the truck in front of us did kick up a rock or the heat on the windshield (cold day) aggravated some weak spot, but we need to fix it now. Otherwise I'll continue dissertation/knitting/writing review and FI is going to declutter the kitchen and entertainment room (basement). We are exciting people I tell you.
  • Options
    I'm doing ok today. FI and I were a bit bummed yesterday when the venue guy stood us up. However we split a bottle of wine and caught up on Galavant so it's all good.

Today I'm working then going to get my Fitbit Flex and having a girls night with my BFF.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @ourladyofpotato - Thanks! I'm so happy for them because this is a move they wanted. They're going to be closer to her mom (she lost her dad last year shortly after H did) and they wanted to be closer to the beach. We've been really close since college (BFFs for about 11 years). She moved out here with me right after we graduated, we rented an apartment together and job searched together, met out future husbands around the same time. We've shared a lot of life changes over the years and I just can't imagine not having her here. It will be OK though...and it will give H and I a reason to go to the beach! 
  • Options
    Blackbird230 Have you heard from the venue yet?

ourladyofpotato Glad I could help!  My penne vodka was my aunt's recipe that I have tweeked to fit my own tastes.  I don't make it that often because I could eat the entire pot. 

allusive007 so glad baby is doing well! Also, when I moved from my friends Skype and Facetime helped so much.  
  • Options
  • Options

@southernpeach89 - It will really depend on the seller...our seller actually wanted a longer closing, since the place they've bought doesn't close until May. Definitely ask, they worst you can hear is no.

@Blackbird230 - Unbelievable. That's incredibly unprofessional, to ditch your meeting and not follow up ASAP. Bottom of the list IMO.

I  just found out that FI is going to the Leafs game with his dad tonight...which means I actually get to watch The Bachelor at the regular time! I have given up Bachelor for sports 2 weeks in a row, so I'm overly excited about this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Happy MLK Jr. Day/Monday, everyone!

I have the day off and I spent most of the morning doing WR things- hotel room block contracts, shuttle contract, pinning more BM dresses. Next weekend I'm going shopping with the girls, so hopefully scoping out some dresses beforehand will help the process. 

The weekend was very relaxed- just the way I like it. Saturday I spent the day with FSIL. We had brunch with GIANT mimosas. The place we went to sells 32 oz. pitchers for only $6. It was amazing. After that we went to a cupcake shop. The had canceled an appt. on me- but they were still open so I decided to go anyways! We showed up- and even though they had never met me, they knew who I was (maybe my voice on the phone gave it away?) The owner was not there in the front, but the girl that was there was very nice and gave me 4 cupcakes to try for free. FSIL grabbed a seat and we split all of the cupcakes up. Within 5 minutes the local news station had showed up to the shop (maybe this is why they canceled on me!). Well, funny enough, the news reporter asked if she could interview me about the cupcakes and the AFC championship game. I did and was on the 6 o'clock news! I recorded it of course. I was so cheesy with my "GO PATS" cheer! After that, I dropped FSIL off at her place and went home to cat-nap.

Sunday was GAME DAY! I spent all morning cooking and relaxing before the big game. We watched the 3pm game and then our game at 6pm. Needless to say, the Pats won and all is good in the world. Can't wait for the Super Bowl!!!

@blackbird230 I swear that the shittiest vendors are in the NE area. I have had really bad luck communicating with popular vendors. IMHO, many vendors had horrible attitudes and gave the impression that if you didn't book with them someone else would. I literally had one venue manager tell me "too bad, so sad" when I asked if they could wiggle on the event minimum number of guests. I'm sorry that the venue still hasn't gotten back to you- but I promise that there will be perfect vendors out there for you!
  • Options
    Happy Monday everyone!

@blackbird230, I wouldn't give that venue a second chance, that's so unprofessional.

allusive007, Im so glad things are going well with the baby.

@southernpeach89, I'll echo everyone with the long closing. I did that with my house, and it worked well for both buyer and seller.

@keptinstiches, I can't wait to see a picture of your centerpiece. You seem like such a crafty creative person, I'm sure it's amazing.

--------------------- 

I'm at work too. Decently busy day here, since some of the world has off work, makes for a more exciting day in retail.

Friday  I had a terrible day at work, our toiled was clogged, and in trying to fix it, I made it overflow. Our building doesn't have a maintenance crew, all tenants are responsible for fixing their own stuff. After I got the toilet working again, I had a couple come into the store who tried to shoplift, and then tried to lean over the counter and take money out of the register! Fortunately they didn't get anything, but that wasn't how I wanted to spend my Friday.

Saturday I went for a nice 6 mile run with our training group at work, then worked all day, I had a nice Saturday evening, I had dinner with my parents.

Sunday BF and I had a nice relaxing day. We went and saw Into The Woods, which I've been wanting to see since it came out. Then we ran a few errands, and I found shoes to wear to at least 3 of the weddings I'm in this year. Then we made dinner and played board games. We played 3D Connect Four, which was a really fun twist on a classic!
  • Options
    @Blackbird230 Ugh, that would send me into a fit! Totally wouldn't book those guys after that! Extra-rude. Hope you find a place 100x as good!
  • Options
    @Blackbird230 - I can't believe the venue did that to you!  Run away and never look back, I say.

@southernpeach89 - I don't know how the market is where you guys are, but you might definitely ask for a long closing.  My house has been on the market now for over a year, and if somebody came to me and said "Hey, we want to make an offer, but our lease is up on X date," I would totally go for it.  It all depends on how badly they want to sell.

My weekend was fairly quiet--spent Saturday morning getting new tires and an alignment...Saturday night BF and I FaceTimed until 3:00 in the morning, so yesterday I was really tired.  Also, yesterday my brother announced that he's planning to propose to his girlfriend this semester...which is totally great, because she's wonderful and I love her and I've always known this was coming...but also made me totally freak out, because in my head he's still about 10 and there is NO WAY my baby brother is allowed to get engaged before me (slight BSC moment, I know...I'm aware and I'm dealing with it.)

I'm technically off today, which means I'm working on some cover letters and cataloging research photos.  My mom made blueberry pancakes and bacon for breakfast this morning since we were all off, so I went over there and ate with my family.  Tonight I'm going to yoga and then ballet, which I'm really looking forward to.  I've lost 4 pounds since I started practicing hot yoga on a regular basis, and I'm so much more flexible that it is really making a difference when I dance.

Also, I'm super excited about my dinner.  I've started making a super fantastic salad: spinach, arugula, red cabbage, broccoli, quinoa, chicken, and feta, with Greek vinaigrette dressing.  It's...um, amazing.  I eat it with a piece of rosemary/olive oil bread that I made in my bread machine.
  • Options
    @Allusive007 - Yay for healthy baby updates!

@Blackbird230 - I can't believe that venue just blew you off! What horrible customer service!

I have today off! Yay! This coming week is going to be my last week of training at my new job. I really love it so far. Everyone I work with is so nice and welcoming. It's great!

Sad news though, BF is pretty sure he has been waitlisted for grad school. They do this stupid thing where if you are waitlisted they just don't contact you. WTF is that?! But anyway, he talked with his mentor and she said he's probably waitlisted. So now he's applying for all the PRA (professional research assistant) positions he can find and looking at several post-bach training programs. And he'll re-take the GRE. His mentor says with more experience and a slightly higher GRE score he should have zero problems getting in next year.

If he doesn't get a PRA position and does a post-bach training program instead it will mean doing long-distance for a year because there aren't any in Colorado so I'm really hoping he gets a PRA position!

But good news: BF will be getting paid to work at his lab internship this semester! So yay for that!

• Options
    500days those mimosas and cupcakes sound amazing!! 

• Options
    I worked all weekend.  My weekend is Thursday/Friday every week, I'd love to have a M-F schedule!

Today was very frustrating.  3 coworkers ALL showed up either 30-60 minutes late and made my job very difficult for the first two hours as a result.  The worst offender didn't even apologize (even though his not being there for the first hour directly impacts me, as I can't do anything until he gets there).  I'm pretty annoyed at that, and I think our team leader won't do anything about it other than say don't do it again.  

@allusive007 yay healthy baby news!  
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards