Chit Chat
Options

Awful mood. I'm gonna whine now.

I've been in such an off mood lately. I've had a string of bad luck/sad occurrences and I just keep feeling so down. 

A couple weeks ago I got a debilitating migraine that lasted for about 9 hours, and that same night I got a really bad grease burn on my boob (which is still healing and looks so nasty), which was then followed by UTI, which was immediately followed by a weird stomach thing, which was immediately followed by 3 solid days of a sinus headache that would not go away and really fucked with my vision. 

The best man is being a major douche to FI and has been for a while now, so FI feels really bad about it, it makes me ragey on behalf of FI, and FI seriously regrets even asking this dude to be best man but he's stuck with the decision. Even he knows kicking someone out of the WP or demoting them is just way too wrong. 

The hotel where we had rooms blocked for the entire wedding party, the bridal suite for my FI and I reserved, and rooms blocked for the guests is gone. No one told us. Apparently it was bought by some other company and they disconnected all the phone numbers, there's no way to reach anyone, and I can no longer find the hotel in internet searches. Now we have to pay to re-print all of the "accommodations" cards because I don't want to direct people to a hotel that no longer exists. I could skip the cards but there's other info on them the guests need. The venue is in a small town that doesn't have tons of hotels and our wedding weekend happens to coincide with the local college's graduation weekend. So several of the hotels are already booked solid. I contacted one yesterday and they would not do a block for me because it's such a busy weekend. There's no bridal suite or big enough room for the girls to get ready with me at any other place, and without being able to do a block and these hotels already selling out I am seriously concerned about where people are going to stay. The entire wedding party and 100% of the guests are out of town. Maybe 20% of the guests are within a short drive (about an hour or less). So... fuck. 

I got a bill yesterday that I owe my therapist almost $300. I was under the impression that the sessions would be 100% covered by my insurance, but my insurance has decided that since I haven't met my deductible they will only cover SOME of the sessions, and I have to pay out of pocket for the others. I was not expecting this bill and money is tight right now thanks to wedding expenses and my student loan payments starting up post-grad school. To me that's a huge expense and I don't even know how to cover it without having to put it on my credit card, the balance of which I've been trying really hard to pay off and I'm failing. I'm so stressed about money. I hate it. 

Also found out my dermatologist's office is closing this week. Their nearest branch is now an hour away, and I'm due for my 6 month skin cancer check (have to do it every 6 months because of a bad biopsy a few years ago). So it's not like I can avoid doing the check-up, but now i have to drive a total of 2 hours to do it and miss work. 

Crazy bitch in my office won't stop harassing me about being invited to my wedding. Remember how I was gonna just shut her down the next time she brought it up? Well she fucking brought it up in a super crowded room full of all my coworkers plus a bunch of higher ups at someone's fucking RETIREMENT PARTY. She made a huge scene about it again. And I felt like I couldn't say "no one from work is invited" because the room was FULL OF MY COWORKERS. Now she's posting shit to my wall on facebook. I'm seriously gonna just reply to her post and tell her what's up. If she thinks it's cool to publicly nag me about it on social media then I think it's cool to publicly tell her she's not coming. And I think she knows she won't be invited because now she's trying to round up a group of my coworkers to "crash the wedding and make a scene." Who fucking says that? 

Here's where it gets so much worse. One of my BMs hadn't RSVPd to my bachelorette party so the girl planning it asked if I could send her a quick text since she didn't have her contact info and didn't want to keep harassing her via email. I ask BM if she knows whether or not she'll be able to make it, and she's not sure yet because usually her mom babysits her son and now her mom can't babysit. Why? Because her mom's breast cancer came back and she's in chemo. Ugh. I feel so so so awful for this woman. Chemo is a fucking monster. And I feel so awful for the BM who has to see her mom go through this. I had no idea her mom was even sick. She hadn't told me yet because she was understandably having a hard time. Fuck cancer. 

Then on Saturday, another close friend calls me to tell me that mutual close friend's mom had suddenly just died a few hours earlier. She wasn't sick, wasn't having health problems, was only in her 50s, and no one knows what happened. She was standing in her house and literally just dropped dead out of nowhere. I've talked to the friend and she's in complete shock-- of course. I'm so heart broken for her. How awful. I just keep thinking about her having to go through this and it makes me so sad. Her poor family. 

I mention these two things last because the wedding bullshit and my very minor health crap really pales in comparison. But it just feels like a long string of bad luck capped off by two very sad, tragic things. 

Anyway. It just seems to be piling up faster than I can handle trying to deal with it. So I've been feeling so down and just needed to whine it all out, all at the same time,cuz fuck. Knock it off, universe. 

Re: Awful mood. I'm gonna whine now.

• Options
    Holy crap. I don't even know what to say, but I'm sending you the biggest virtual hug!! And wine! And a margarita! And cake! 

• Options
    Jeebus. When it rains it pours. 

Hugs and wine, ladyfriend. 

• Options
    Thanks, guys. 
  • Options
    Sending you hugs and wine. Ugh, I'm sorry about all the terrible things right now.

I can relate to you on the migraines. Almost nothing helps me when I get one. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

It was awful enough before you said, 'Here's where it gets much worse.' I'm sorry about all your bad news.

As for the hotel block problem, could you call the local chamber of commerce to ask if the new hotel owners will honor reservations or if there is another hotel willing to help?

• Options
    I'm so sorry that you're going through all of this. Virtual hugs and wine to you!
    Anniversary

• Options
    You need hugs and wine... Lot's of wine! 

• Options
    I'm so sorry. It's hard to deal when things keep piling on. Hugs.
  • Options
    That's a lot of things going on at once. I would tell your VIPs about the hotel situation so they can get rooms booked ASAP. I don't know what to do about the hotel block though. That really sucks.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Damn. I have been feeling the same way .

<3
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    larrygaga said:
    Damn. I have been feeling the same way . <3
    :( I'm sorry you're feeling bad too. I hope luck turns around for us both, and soon
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind words, everyone. You guys are the best. 
  • Options
    I'm sorry, friend. That all sounds like a major shitstorm. Ice cream, wine, and really good sex are all in order. They can't fix anything, but they still help.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    I'm sorry, friend. That all sounds like a major shitstorm. Ice cream, wine, and really good sex are all in order. They can't fix anything, but they still help.
    I bought a bottle of vodka and a chocolate fudge cheesecake on my lunch break. And I think when I get home from work I'm going to rip off FI's pants and give us both the stress relief we need (sorry, is that TMI?)
  • Options
    *Hugs*

I'm so sorry. 

For the bridal party room situation, maybe you could try airbnb to get a house?  You would have plenty of room for getting ready that way. 

• Options
    levioosa said:
    *Hugs*

I'm so sorry. 

For the bridal party room situation, maybe you could try airbnb to get a house?  You would have plenty of room for getting ready that way. 
    Thanks for the suggestion, I'm definitely looking at houses to rent. Seems like the best option at this point. 
  • Options

I remember about Jessica, the wedding invitation pest. If there have been incidents at work, with witnesses, do you feel allright about talking about it with HR, or house counsel?

Usually a conversation from HR will be enough for her to cool it.

The rest of the things, I don't even know what to say! I hope it will turn out for you.

• Options
    Holy shit, brosis. This sucks butts.

eyeroll
  • Options
    That is an awful lot to deal with! I hope things look up for you soon; sending you a bucket of wine through the internet!

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    Thanks, guys. I feel a little better thanks to TK. You all never let me down. I wish I was still in MMA classes... I feel like I could really use some super aggressive punching right now :P And my instructor was a registered MMA fighter so he encouraged me to hit him as hard as possible. And I got to throw him.  Oh I miss those classes. 
  • Options
    You should try sugar cookie coffee. That always cheers me up. I'm sorry, I hope everything gets better!
  • Options
    Wow, that all sucks, I'm really sorry.  I don't even know what to say, so here's a puppy:

That Jessica person is out of her damn mind.  Seriously, WHY is she doing this?  Do you think talking to HR will help?  Also, maybe you could have someone at the wedding there just in case people show up uninvited, but that just may fuel her crazy flame even more.  Assigned seats, maybe, so it's clear they have nowhere to sit but no one has to be confrontational about it?  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry for all the horrible things Novella. Sending virtual hugs , wine and triple layer chocolate cake.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Oh, honey, I'm so sorry. So much sad in one post. :(

I'd say go find an MMA place. Really. There is NOTHING like hitting stuff when you're sad and angry and hurting. It's a fantastic way to release.

*hugs*
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    /hugs Novella. I would paint you a pretty picture if I could.

image   image   image

• Options
    Thank you! You ladies are so super supportive and kind. 
  • Options
    This stinks. I'm sorry.

I have no useful anything to offer but you're in my thoughts!
  • Options
    hang in there. things will turn around for you before you know it.

as for the co worker, can you try to talk to HR about it? sounds silly but it might be able to get her to stop pestering you about an invite. 
  • Options
    mrsk616 said:
    hang in there. things will turn around for you before you know it.

as for the co worker, can you try to talk to HR about it? sounds silly but it might be able to get her to stop pestering you about an invite. 
    I might end up having to do that. I'm starting to get the impression that she's getting more and more extreme about it because I'm not giving her the attention she wants. My friend at work has pointed out several times that Jessica seems extremely immature and extremely in need of attention. 

At the retirement party when she started making a huge scene and yelling that she was gonna come crash the wedding, I just shrugged and started talking to someone else and ignored her. So then she posted to my facebook wall. It's like she NEEDS a reaction out of me and I'm not giving it to her, so she's escalating the bad behavior. Like a child. 
  • Options
    Ugh I'm sorry about all of this.

Honestly, that girl from work sounds a bit crazy. Can you just firmly tell her, "I'm sorry, the guest list is set, unfortunately we cannot invite you," or something along those lines? Maybe you just need to be blunt with her.

When crap like this happens, I just think there is always calm after the storm. Things will turn around for ya :)

Anniversary
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards