Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Wedding Scrapbook

Hi there newlyweds,

Have any of you created a wedding scrapbook to preserve memories from your big day?  We did a photobook with our favorite wedding photos and an album to hold the wedding cards we received from our guests, but there are random little things like our wedding invitations, menus, bits of ribbon, etc. that I want to save as keepsakes.  I've never done any scrapbooking, so any advice would be appreciated.  What type of scrapbook should I get?  What sort of things would you put in a wedding scrapbook?  Do I need any special supplies?

Thanks!

Re: Wedding Scrapbook

• You could do a small 8x8 scrapbook if you don't want to put a lot of photos in with the mementos.  I've been married 18 years & I'm just now working on our wedding scrapbook (12x12).  I'm putting in different pictures of us while dating, engagement pics, shower pics, wedding & reception pics, honeymoon pics, & a pic of our first home.
  • That sounds great!  I hadn't thought about putting in engagement pictures or honeymoon pictures.  What brand of scrapbook did you buy?  It is a D ring binder?  Thanks!
  • I love to scrapbook, although I just took it up about a year ago (to preserve travels and other special occasions with my fiance - now husband). I always put in the non-photo mementos with the photos (i.e. sports tickets, receipts, postcards). You just have to make sure that if you use the square photo pages that they don't get too bulky. This makes it difficult to get them into the protective page covers in most craft-store scrapbooks. Also, make sure the pages in the actual scrapbook sit out a bit from the binding. If not, this also makes it a pain to get the pages in there.

Hope this helps, and happy scrapbooking!

PS I am also going to do a wedding scrapbook for each of the moms for Mother's Day (a thought if you get ambitious down the road!).

1/13 - Diagnosis: Low Ovarian Reserve, starting IUI 2/13 Anniversary image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_wedding-scrapbook?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:08b1da3b-099a-414b-ad4d-3caa77d007b5Post:0173b353-1778-4432-8314-da4d663ef463">Re: Wedding Scrapbook</a>:
    [QUOTE]That sounds great!  I hadn't thought about putting in engagement pictures or honeymoon pictures.  What brand of scrapbook did you buy?  It is a D ring binder?  Thanks!
    Posted by nawshinali[/QUOTE]

I use Creative Memories scrapbooks.  A friend (we were bridesmaids for each other), is a consultant.  Check out the website & it will show you all of the products & find a consultant near you. It's not a D ring binder, it has plastic straps.  You can find nice scrapbooks at Hobby Lobby too if you are near one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards