Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

For the Ladies that had a candy buffett...

I know the key to a good candy buffett is having a lot of candy to make it look good. I was curious to how many pounds of candy you bought and how many guests you had...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: For the Ladies that had a candy buffett...

• Options
    I would base it on the size of the containers you are providing for the candy. We filled one of the bags we are using with a mix of the different candies I wanted to use and weighed it. Mine held about a 1/4, so we took that and multiplied it by the number of people we were having. Obviously if you do all small candies (like M&Ms) you need to buy more than if you have other bigger and odd-shapped candy like suckers or wrapped candies. I hope that helps.
  • Options

I would suggest 1/4 lb. per person.  I did 1/2 lb. (or around 75 lbs. expecting 150 people) and I had a TON left over.  I only ended up having around 110 guests but even if 40 more people had shown up, it would have still been way too much. 
    And most of it never saw the candy buffet jars.

jkorno's suggestion is also excellent--take your takeout container to a bulk candy place, fill it up, then multiply the amount x # of guests.

• Options

Im also going to do a candy buffet for our favors.  Someone gave me a great idea for big vessles.  Get some shredded colored tissue paper and put that in the bottom of the vase before you put the candy in.  It will make the vase look like its filled more, especialy if you are having small candy in it.  Or do layers of tissue paper and candy, it will look cool.  I ended up hitting the mother-load one day when I went to Pier One.  They were having a clearence sale and I got alot of vases with covers for 1/2 the price.  Im just gonna throw caution to the wind and go to a candy outlet and eyeball what will fit in the vases & buy some big candy, large lollipops and spread them around the table.  I did see on one of the websites a REALLY GOOD IDEA. For the large lollipops that are all swirled, they bought a large foam cone, covered it with paint/ribbon and stuck the lolli's & rock candy out of it.  It was a cool cheap presentation that looked fun.  Its all about the presentaion.  Good luck and please repost if you came up with any ideas for all us soon to be brides that are in the same boat!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards