Hawaii

Any other Canadian brides stressed about our dollar tanking?

I know we can't stress about things we can't control but yikes!! the wedding is going to end up costing a lot more than expected if our dollar keeps on tanking.  

Re: Any other Canadian brides stressed about our dollar tanking?

• I totally hear you! Just paid the balance on our accommodation and deposit on the reception venue and it hurt. Seriously thinking we're going to have to cut back on flowers and other details.
  • I'm just hoping it doesn't get much worse but the outlook isn't very good. Ugh. My wedding isn't until August, that's a lot of time for the dollar to slide even further
  • Any chance you can pay off some things now.  I don't think I've heard anything about the dollar improving soon, so perhaps finalizing bills now could save you a little

• yeah that's probably a good idea
  • Yes Same! I don't see it improving. some of my guest were holding off on some things and now the dollar has tanked, costing a lot more than expected. EEK! at least we are saving at the pumps here :P give and take I guess!
  • We are in a similar situation.  We are from New Zealand and the NZD has tanked!
  • I mean there really isn't anything we can do...it's so out of our control.  I guess it's just one of those roll with the punches thing.  so brutal though.  I can't believe how much it has gone down it such a short period of time.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards