Second Weddings
Options

His second wedding my first....

Is it too much to have a big reception? Do I knock of the mother son dance because he already has done it? Do we invite everyone to the wedding? He has been divorced for 5 years and they were married for 10. What are your thoughts? This would be my first marriage but I also want to be considerate to the fact that he has been through it all. He said hes open to whatever and as long as I am happy... but I need opinions! Thanks!

Re: His second wedding my first....

• Options
    It can be anything y'all want it to be. It's your first wedding to each other. Enjoy it
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    As @denise40 mentioned, it can be whatever you want it to be! As long as you are both on the same page and general etiquette is taken into account (hosting properly), then go for it! :)

• Options
    I would just enjoy it and do it how you guys want, especially if he is open to your ideas. I am also getting married to a man who was married for 8 years and divorced for 4. I don't feel there is any reason we shouldn't have the wedding that we want just because he did it all before. I like to think of his first wedding as a practice wedding ;-) You guys love each other and should get to enjoy all of the traditions that you want. No reason to start your life out selling yourself short! :-) Congratulations! 
  • Options
    idanrb said:
    Is it too much to have a big reception? Do I knock of the mother son dance because he already has done it? Do we invite everyone to the wedding? He has been divorced for 5 years and they were married for 10. What are your thoughts? This would be my first marriage but I also want to be considerate to the fact that he has been through it all. He said hes open to whatever and as long as I am happy... but I need opinions! Thanks!
    This is your first marriage.  That is all that matters.  Ask your FMIL how she feels about the dance.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards