Hawaii

Brunch ideas in Kapalua? (Maui)

Hi everyone,

We'll be hosting our wedding at the Ritz Kapalua in October and wanted to host a welcome brunch the day before the wedding. I thought of various welcome party options (luau dinner at Old Lahaina Luau (not private enough); cocktail reception at Merriman's (pricey to rent just for "drinks"); dinner at Duke's (mediocre food)) but ultimately Sunday brunch seems to be the most decent choice for now for >$50pp.

Soooo... do any of you have suggestions for brunch places near Kapalua? I was just at the Ritz few weeks ago and their breakfast restaurant (Terrace) is only so-so considering its $$$ price, so I wanted to explore options outside of the hotel. 

BTW, I just came across The Plantation House in Kapalua -- but it seems like there are mixed reviews on food, despite its lovely views. Anyone had experience there?

Thank you sooo much!!

Re: Brunch ideas in Kapalua? (Maui)

• BTW, forgot to mention it will be for roughly 50 adults and a handful of kids!
  • Did you ever settle on a place? I too am looking for post wedding brunch ideas and was looking at Plantation house, Duke's or that one at Montage resport.
  • hchaiyhchaiy member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    No, we still haven't!  90 days to decide!!!
    I've been to Duke's - it's pretty nice, food was decent and by the beach. But it's inside another hotel, FYI. We considered Duke's as well but I think in the end we'll go with the plantation house, as we want something in Kapalua (close to our hotel)...
  • I'm interested in what you decide as well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards