Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Best places to buy bridal gown in Pittsburgh area

Hey ladies! I am looking for the best places in the Pittsburgh area to shop for a bridal gown. Preferably a place that offers some discounts! Thanks!

Re: Best places to buy bridal gown in Pittsburgh area

• It depends on what you're looking for and your budget.

David's bridal and Alfred Angelo's will give you good prices on bulk designed gowns.
    Glitter and grit in Lawerenceville is amazing for a smaller selection, ecofriendly designs
    Then there's the big local (but not chain) stores in the area.  
  • I got mine at MB Bride. I originally went at the end of June to look at their big sale but I ended with a dress not on sale. I worked with Cindy who was super helpful and had a great experience. The only time you are really going to find discounts is when the shops do sample sales so keep a look out for those.
  • jdp2015jdp2015 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2015
    Exquisite Bride in Gibsonia, although not sure about discounts

The Winner is a bridal outlet that I used to buy all my prom dresses at! Its in Sharon PA about an hour north of the City. I know they carry Watters and WTOO bridal gowns.

Have you thought about BHLDN? You have to order online but some of their dresses are super affordable. 

• Depends where you are in the city or outside. I have been to a few:

Exquisite Bride: Gibsonia and Murrysville was by far the best servicewise. The manager in Murrysville is amazing! This is ultimately where I ended up getting my dress.

MB Bride: awful experience, we went for bridesmaid dresses as they have a large selection. Showed up 15 minutes early and were told that they would be right with us. We looked around for 30 minutes before I just pulled dresses and helped my maid of honor try them on. No one came to even talk to us although I went to the front desk again and said where we were when an associate was available. In the hour we were there no one ever came to help us. Then I got a call the next day asking why I had missed my appointment!

Sorelle: This is a drive if you don't live in the south hills, but it is an AMAZING salon with really helpful women. The manager here is super friendly and not afraid to squeeze you into a dress (which is helpful when you are a street size 16 trying to get into a bridal size 10!) They didn't have the dress that I ultimately got and it would have been a drive from the North Hills, but my mother and I returned to do her dress shopping. I would recommend it to anyone in the South Hills

Koda Bridal: South hills and specializes in "plus size" bridal, which is really anything above a size 10! I loved the experience in that each dress fit or almost fit me, which was something I didn't get to do in a lot of other salons. It was a good first stop to actually see what a ballgown or fit and flare looks like on me, but the quality and selection were not what I was looking for.

Hopefully that helps!
  • edited March 2015
    I've been to David's Bridal in Monroeville and it was fine. It wasn't very busy, but I went on a Monday afternoon. My consultant was nice and accommodating, I just didn't find anything I loved there. They definitely had plenty of affordable gowns though, I tried on a few under $500.

I also went to MB Bride during a trunk show. It was pretty crazy out on the floor, but my party got our own private room that was wonderful. There was a changing area for me, and then my family had it's own separate adjacent room, which was just perfect. They have a few racks of sample dresses as well, which were obviously on sale. My consultant was very nice. She didn't spend a lot of time with us, but it was because she had probably ten other girls. She brought me the dresses I wanted from the trunk show, and a few she thought I would like. Again, I just didn't find anything I really loved there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards