Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Something special for the parents?

Both of our parents contributed financially to the wedding. As a thank you, we are taking them out for our "rehearsal dinner" to the Eiffel Tower restaurant the night before the wedding. My fiance mentioned last night that he was wondering if we need to get them an additional gift/momento/something else? I was kind of thinking we might send them each their family portrait but I didn't think of anything beyond that. Are you guys doing anything? Is this even necessary? Seems odd to spend money thanking them for...giving us money. 

Re: Something special for the parents?

• Options
    We've been debating this as well. I might get them something small in addition to dinner. Maybe a picture frame with a quote and then a picture. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We took them out to a pretty fancy pants dinner, even though my husband's mom really didn't contribute.  I gave my dad all of the pictures from the photographer.  Husband's mom is only getting a couple of the pictures.  Her behavior was pretty bad and we don't trust her not to post everything in the world on facebook.  
  • Options
    We are going to get photo albums made after the wedding for both sets of parents, so sort of a delayed thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're doing photo albums as well.
  • Options
    We did custom photo books for each set too; they loved it.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    Custom photo books sound great!! Thank you for the suggestion!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards