Chit Chat
Options

Double Digits!!!

Re: Double Digits!!!

• Options
    Oh mother fucked totally forgot about passports, and we both need new ones. His expired, and my dog fucking ate mine. How does that even happen in real life?!
    Holy shit, we ARE the same person. We need to get new ones too. 
  • Options
    Wait, what?! I'm May 22nd..... Crap, should I be purchasing invitations by now?!??

Oh boy, commence freak out.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    pinkcow13 said:

Wait, what?! I'm May 22nd..... Crap, should I be purchasing invitations by now?!??

_ _ _ _ _ _

Today is the 23rd. You officially have less than 4 months. Has the freak out begun yet? ;)

• Options
    pinkcow13 said:

I actually was stressing out because I thought I had to send invites out like next week. I said something to my mom and she said "Uh... I think that's way too early." So I counted the weeks on the calendar and sure enough, she's right. Way too early. I think they actually need to go out like very end of February or beginning of March. Something like that? Bleh. I can't even remember right now but I apparently have time to worry about that later. 
  • Options
    pinkcow13 said:

I actually was stressing out because I thought I had to send invites out like next week. I said something to my mom and she said "Uh... I think that's way too early." So I counted the weeks on the calendar and sure enough, she's right. Way too early. I think they actually need to go out like very end of February or beginning of March. Something like that? Bleh. I can't even remember right now but I apparently have time to worry about that later. 

Yeah, you're right.  I'm doing mine at the very end of February.  I know it's 9 weeks out, but we have a lot of out of towners and we only sent STDs to VIPs and family because my parents couldn't get their shit together and send me their full list
  • Options

O.0 This thread is very scary, V and I will go to the courthouse for sure! haha

_ _ _ _

I recommend it

• Options

_ _ _ _ _ _ Today is the 23rd. You officially have less than 4 months. Has the freak out begun yet? ;)
    I'm looking for a brown paper bag right now...
    image.

Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    pinkcow13 said:

Yeah @novella1186 go ahead and send me a note when I need to send mine out. 

I think I decided on like the second week of March. My RSVP date is April 11, I know that much. I'm giving myself a week prior to the caterer's April 18 deadline to call the slackers.  
  • Options
    Where are you guys getting your invitations from?? I have no idea where to even start looking.... I look online, then end up going on multiple sites, getting frustrated, and just move on to the next task. 
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    pinkcow13 said:
    Where are you guys getting your invitations from?? I have no idea where to even start looking.... I look online, then end up going on multiple sites, getting frustrated, and just move on to the next task. 
    I bought a digital file from Etsy for like $25. She customized it (obviously) with our details. Then I e-mailed the PDF files to a local print shop and they printed 100 invites, reply cards, and accomodations cards for about $130. Got my envelopes from Zazzle.com 
  • Options
    There was a point at the beginning stages of our planning when we were trying to decide what kind of wedding we wanted, and we briefly considered getting a dress like the one below, a tux, getting a photographer, renting a bentley or a mas to go to a courthouse, and then having a super nice dinner with immediate family at a steakhouse with no expense spared.

When I think hard about the money we're spending and all the time spent planning the actual wedding we're going to have, I kinda wished we gone with the simpler version. And I actually feel like I'm on top of my shit so far. Oh well. It'll be worth it.

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    pinkcow13 said:
    I bought a digital file from Etsy for like $25. She customized it (obviously) with our details. Then I e-mailed the PDF files to a local print shop and they printed 100 invites, reply cards, and accomodations cards for about $130. Got my envelopes from Zazzle.com 
    I am BEYOND fucking frightened to do this (file from Etsy etc). I have no clue why. Help me.

• Options
    Jesus guys. 

I'm texting FI RIGHT NOW to tell him we're going to the damn courthouse. Fuck a duck. I will have a damn nervous breakdown if I have a list that's four pages long. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    pinkcow13 said:
    I am BEYOND fucking frightened to do this (file from Etsy etc). I have no clue why. Help me.
    lol it's not so scary! I had a friend who had done that same thing a few different times for baby shower invites and whatnot, and she told me it was super easy. She was right. 

You pick the ones you like, contact the seller with your details, they send you a proof, you approve the proof or request changes, whatever, then they send you the final PDF file in an email. It's like sending someone a photo via email. The file comes through, you open it, look at it, no big deal. I'm internet dumb, so if I can do it, you can do it!

Then I e-mailed the local print shop for a quote because I didn't want to deal with trying to print them myself (buying the right card stock and whatever else). They had a good quote, so I e-mailed them the PDF file. Either download it, save it, and re-attach it to a new e-mail, or just forward the original e-mail with the file already in it. Or download it and save it on a flash drive, and take the flash drive to the printer's. Easy peasy! 
  • Options
    There was a point at the beginning stages of our planning when we were trying to decide what kind of wedding we wanted, and we briefly considered getting a dress like the one below, a tux, getting a photographer, renting a bentley or a mas to go to a courthouse, and then having a super nice dinner with immediate family at a steakhouse with no expense spared.

When I think hard about the money we're spending and all the time spent planning the actual wedding we're going to have, I kinda wished we gone with the simpler version. And I actually feel like I'm on top of my shit so far. Oh well. It'll be worth it.
    That's pretty much the route we're going - I'm May 23rd, and we are having a ceremony at a Vegas chapel (all-inclusive - they pick us up at our hotel and they'll hand me a bouquet and hit "play" on the stereo, pretty much) and then just a restaurant dinner with nice wine for our parents and best friends who feel like coming. Didn't even book a private room, just made a normal dinner reservation. It's wonderful to not have to have done anything and the more I see all this scary stuff about invitations and makeup artists and flowers the happier I am to be dodging that bullet because it just doesn't appeal to me at all.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    pinkcow13 said:
    lol it's not so scary! I had a friend who had done that same thing a few different times for baby shower invites and whatnot, and she told me it was super easy. She was right. 

You pick the ones you like, contact the seller with your details, they send you a proof, you approve the proof or request changes, whatever, then they send you the final PDF file in an email. It's like sending someone a photo via email. The file comes through, you open it, look at it, no big deal. I'm internet dumb, so if I can do it, you can do it!

Then I e-mailed the local print shop for a quote because I didn't want to deal with trying to print them myself (buying the right card stock and whatever else). They had a good quote, so I e-mailed them the PDF file. Either download it, save it, and re-attach it to a new e-mail, or just forward the original e-mail with the file already in it. Or download it and save it on a flash drive, and take the flash drive to the printer's. Easy peasy! 
    You make everything seem so easy, Novella. I'll do some research. I've wanted to do this, but I'm one of those like SUPER lazy brides who would rather throw money at it than actually do something. Ughhhhhh stuff to do. Woo. I can do it!

• Options
    pinkcow13 said:
    How did this turn out? I have a PDF file of my invites & RSVP cards that I designed in photoshop but  I'm freaking out that since the files have a white background from photoshop that when I get them printed on ivory paper, it will print a giant white box too.
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    novella1186novella1186 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    duhitsd said:
    pinkcow13 said:
    How did this turn out? I have a PDF file of my invites & RSVP cards that I designed in photoshop but  I'm freaking out that since the files have a white background from photoshop that when I get them printed on ivory paper, it will print a giant white box too.
    Hm... I'm not sure about the background printing. Ours had a background that intentionally printed. It was meant to look all antique-y and darker, and it printed out that way. But they turned out really awesome. Could you print one to test, and if it prints white, change the background to a more ivory color? Or if you're having a print shop do them, ask the print shop. They should know. 

ETA: re-reading this, I don't think I've ever used the word "print" so much in my life! 
  • Options
    duhitsd said:
    pinkcow13 said:
    Hm... I'm not sure about the background printing. Ours had a background that intentionally printed. It was meant to look all antique-y and darker, and it printed out that way. But they turned out really awesome. Could you print one to test, and if it prints white, change the background to a more ivory color? Or if you're having a print shop do them, ask the print shop. They should know. 

ETA: re-reading this, I don't think I've ever used the word "print" so much in my life! 
    I really need to try all of the above but if I have to photoshop the white background out, I think we'll be changing the design before I spend a lot of time doing that. Ugh. What I should do is take it down there and talk to someone to see what they think, then figure out what to do.
  • Options
    duhitsd said:
    duhitsd said:
    pinkcow13 said:

I really need to try all of the above but if I have to photoshop the white background out, I think we'll be changing the design before I spend a lot of time doing that. Ugh. What I should do is take it down there and talk to someone to see what they think, then figure out what to do.
    Coming from a former print shop worker, it's not gonna print white on ivory paper. 

Laser printers, such as you find in most commercial print shops, don't have the capability to print white. They've got black, cyan, magenta, and yellow toners in them. To get any other color, they combine those colors in different amounts. If something's white, it's considered a sort of negative space where no toner goes.

So no worries, don't redesign your whole invitation. Unless printing technology has come LIGHTYEARS in the past 10 months, you're gonna get ivory backgrounds. :)
  • Options
    duhitsd said:
    duhitsd said:
    pinkcow13 said:

Yep! Talk to them, and get some suggestions. It could be much easier than you think, and you're just wasting time. Or there could be a simple solution. Or.. whatever. Lol. I'm not good with this stuff so I'd always rather talk to the pros! 
  • Options
    We're one week after you @novella1186 ! I just picked up our invitations (rented a mailbox @ the UPS store for wedding stuff)- they're from Minted! I scored 25% off vouchers for them on Cyber Monday and I'm really happy with how they turned out.  I was pretty stressed out lately... but now that the transportation plan has been made and we got our officiant ordained I am feeling much better.

Best of luck to everyone!
  • Options
    We're one week after you @novella1186 ! I just picked up our invitations (rented a mailbox @ the UPS store for wedding stuff)- they're from Minted! I scored 25% off vouchers for them on Cyber Monday and I'm really happy with how they turned out.  I was pretty stressed out lately... but now that the transportation plan has been made and we got our officiant ordained I am feeling much better.

Best of luck to everyone!
    Ooh I love minted! That's awesome! 
  • Options
    pinkcow13 said:

You make everything seem so easy, Novella. I'll do some research. I've wanted to do this, but I'm one of those like SUPER lazy brides who would rather throw money at it than actually do something. Ughhhhhh stuff to do. Woo. I can do it!
    What is a digital file?? Do I enter "Wedding invitations digital file" on Etsy?
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    pinkcow13 said:
    pinkcow13 said:

What is a digital file?? Do I enter "Wedding invitations digital file" on Etsy?
    Nope, just search invites. It will say whether or not it's a digital file. From what I found, the majority of them were.
  • Options
    We are May 24th. I have to ask, how many hotel blocks is the norm? We have one (10 rooms) at our location. I then have just been linking local hotels with different rates on our website. Is that sufficient? The wedding is about 1 hour away from where we live and most locals will not be spending the night.
  • Options
    duhitsd said:
    duhitsd said:
    pinkcow13 said:

Coming from a former print shop worker, it's not gonna print white on ivory paper. 

Laser printers, such as you find in most commercial print shops, don't have the capability to print white. They've got black, cyan, magenta, and yellow toners in them. To get any other color, they combine those colors in different amounts. If something's white, it's considered a sort of negative space where no toner goes.

So no worries, don't redesign your whole invitation. Unless printing technology has come LIGHTYEARS in the past 10 months, you're gonna get ivory backgrounds. :)
    OMG @hellosweetie1015 you are my hero!!!!!!!
  • Options
    duhitsd said:

duhitsd said:

duhitsd said:

pinkcow13 said:

OMG @hellosweetie1015 you are my hero!!!!!!!

Awww. *spongebob blushing gif*

I did printshop work for two years. I don't often have a use for all the crap I learned, so I'm always glad to put that shit to use. Makes me feel like maybe those two years weren't SUCH a colossal waste hahaha
  • Options
    JenLD2015 said:
    We are May 24th. I have to ask, how many hotel blocks is the norm? We have one (10 rooms) at our location. I then have just been linking local hotels with different rates on our website. Is that sufficient? The wedding is about 1 hour away from where we live and most locals will not be spending the night.
    If most of your guests are local, I would think 10 rooms is fine. Especially if-- even if the block sells out or something-- there are other hotels for them to book rooms at.

The last two weddings I went to I couldn't get a room in the block but there were other nearby hotels so I booked there instead and it was no big deal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards