Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Hi WR! I'm looking for any brides who had a "groomzilla".

Hi Brides!

We all know that wedding planning can bring out new sides of people – but what about when it comes to your groom? We want to hear from you brides who have found –perhaps surprisingly – that your groom can be a bit of a “groom zilla” sometimes. Did he insist on a particular type of linens for the reception? Or maybe had a very strong opinion about the invitations? Maybe he wasn’t exactly throwing his tux on the floor in a tantrum – but sometimes even groom’s can be hard to handle. Tell us about your groom-zilla situations here for the chance to be featured in an upcoming magazine article for a national publication!

Email your answers to ndombrowski@theknot.com or post below! 

Thanks!

KA

Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!

Re: Hi WR! I'm looking for any brides who had a "groomzilla".

• My groom turned out to be a little of the groomzilla. He never had much of an opinion or any problems until the wedding day. He left his tux at my house, and we were running late with it. I called him to shared a quick, sweet “I love you” and instead was told (by him) that he had transformed into groomzilla and wanted his tux! My Dad was supposed to bring it- I wasn’t even home so he called me back every ten minutes until he got his tux. Still, it was more funny than anything, and is one of my favorite memories.
  • I didn't know this term existed until about 2 months before our wedding and my now-husband turned into one!!

It started with our florist.  I was becoming frustrated with the florist while at an appointment, she didn't seem to understand how I wanted the flowers arranged.  Next thing I know, my now-husband stands up out of his chair, takes every single flower out of her arrangement and creates exactly what I wanted.  He was so proud of taking matters into his own hands that he didn't realize he just pulled a groomzilla!
    Shortly after with our photographer - they told me we only scheduled one photographer with the Bride and no coverage on the Groom - well my husband called and gave them an earful all while throwing his hands in the air (the Italian in me must be rubbing off on him!) and again, he had his peacock moment when they corrected it and gave us both photographers.
    Last thing I recall is our caterer called the DAY BEFORE my wedding telling me that he never got my seating chart - so should he wing it or..?!  And he let me know at 11am that I had until 2pm to get there, since he had a haircut appointment!  I hung up and was so upset I was ranting to my husband - he grabbed the phone and called our vendor right back and told him that for the biggest check we wrote for this wedding he shouldn't be calling the day before and that he didn't care if he needed his haircut or not, he was going to wait at the venue until his fiance (me) could get there!  He told him he had no idea how he ran a business with this type of behavior and that he was completely disappointed in him.

I have NEVER seen this side of my husband, but I have to admit - I was bragging that he was able to get all of these done with that groomzilla attitude!

I am happy to report that although he did stomp his feet and swear and become a true groomzilla, our wedding went off without a hitch and I love him even more for caring that much about our special day!
  • My fiance has a little groomzilla in him.  He loves being involved and appreciates alot of what I have in mind for us...Just don't mention food!!  He is a HUGE foodie-me I do not care for it much!  I picked a place and the price for 300 people is around 10 grand.  My mother says it's expensive and wants to cook for 300 people.  He insists on this elaborate menu.  I like the idea of the menu but I wouldn't say my wedding was destroyed just because we ate burgers and pizza either.  It took some coaxing but I was able to get him to at least try and see if a similar but more local place could serve us at a cheaper (and more reasonable) price.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My friends wedding. They had 3 kids (the oldest wasn't the grooms) and the bride wanted a courtroom wedding. The groom said "I'm doing this once and I'm doing it over the top!"

He planned the ENTIRE thing. She showed up like the invited guest. During the ceremony, he also included an adoption ceremony. He gave his step-daughter a ring and wrote vows about being her daddy. Everyone cried, even the hardened redneck swamper I was seated beside had to bum a Kleenex from me. The wedding was GREAT!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards