New Jersey - South

The Reeds @ Shelter Haven (Stone Harbor, NJ)

Has anyone gotten married or have experience attending a wedding at the Reeds in Shelter Haven (Stone Harbor, NJ)? I am looking for price range, capacity, overall experience, food etc. Thanks!

Answers

• Not at the Reeds, but I have at the Windrift.  I think they are around 145 pp.  The food is awesome and the views are outstanding!  Good luck planning!
  • I  looked at both the Windrift and the Reeds, the Reeds had a high guest min around 150-175 and higher price I want to say about $167 a person but heard great things about the Reeds.  We went with the windrift b/c of lower count and little bit cheaper and bigger bar :)
  • I looked at the Reeds, but ultimately it did not fit what we wanted.  Some things that stood out:

- They can only offer you around 10 guest rooms for the night of the wedding only.  They suggest that the rest of your guests rent houses together, etc.  That just wasn't going to work for us, as we will have out of town people needing to stay longer.
    - Guest minimum is on the high side.
    - If you get married in the summer season, there is a chance the outside restaurant will be open.  So you can be having your wedding reception and there's a partition up and people are out to dinner on the other side.  This is a seasonal thing though, and they will tell you the dates this is in effect.
    - They could not guarantee that we'd be the only event.  If we used the bigger space for the ceremony, they are not opposed to renting out the smaller space for a different event.  It looks like one wedding per day, but not one event, if that makes sense.

The venue was beautiful, it just didn't fit our needs/wants.  We ended up going with Front & Palmer in Philly and booking a hotel block as big as we need at the nearby Hyatt.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards