Attire & Accessories Forum

Too much lace for dresses?

Hello everyone! I am getting ready to go bridesmaid dress shopping with my bridesmaids and I thought for the longest time I wanted them to wear plum lace dresses. My dress is an ivory lace gown and my flower girl will be wearing an ivory long sleeve dress. Our wedding is in October and the girls will be wearing cowgirl boots. Just recently I have been thinking, if they are in lace as well, is this going to be too much lace? Has anyone had everyone in their wedding in all lace and did it look okay? Or do you think that it is going to be too much lace? Any input is great. Thanks!

Re: Too much lace for dresses?

• Hello everyone! I am getting ready to go bridesmaid dress shopping with my bridesmaids and I thought for the longest time I wanted them to wear plum lace dresses. My dress is an ivory lace gown and my flower girl will be wearing an ivory long sleeve dress. Our wedding is in October and the girls will be wearing cowgirl boots. Just recently I have been thinking, if they are in lace as well, is this going to be too much lace? Has anyone had everyone in their wedding in all lace and did it look okay? Or do you think that it is going to be too much lace? Any input is great. Thanks!
    I love lace. Lace does not go with cowboy boots. Also, you should be buying those boots if they don't already own a pair.

Have you asked their budgets already as well? Good quality lace is not cheap. That would be my main concern. It would be way easier to tell them to just get any dress they like in plum.
  • Everyone already has boots. We are from the country and the wedding is country rustic theme. Budget is not a major concern and they all would like to wear lace. I am just concerned it would be too much with everyone in it. Thanks.
  • No, I don't think it would be too much lace.  Below are some pictures so you can see other brides and bridesmaids in lace and judge for yourself:
    imageimage
  • I'm really not into the cowboy boots and lace thing at all -- they're very contradictory styles. But as long as you're not requiring them to buy boots just for your wedding, knock yourself out. 

I wouldn't worry about it being too much lace. Make sure you ask their budgets privately before picking a dress, like Allie said, though. Even if you think they can swing it financially (which is how I read "not a major concern") you never know what their finances are actually like. It's always always better to just ask first to be sure. 

Look at this, though! I think this bride only had one person in the bridal party, but they both wore gorgeous lace dresses and it looks incredible and definitely not like too much lace: 

• Hello everyone! I am getting ready to go bridesmaid dress shopping with my bridesmaids and I thought for the longest time I wanted them to wear plum lace dresses. My dress is an ivory lace gown and my flower girl will be wearing an ivory long sleeve dress. Our wedding is in October and the girls will be wearing cowgirl boots. Just recently I have been thinking, if they are in lace as well, is this going to be too much lace? Has anyone had everyone in their wedding in all lace and did it look okay? Or do you think that it is going to be too much lace? Any input is great. Thanks!

Leather and lace, yes! For a western country wedding. Light lace gown with plum lace dresses will look fine as long as the boot colors aren't something like light brown. Must go with plum without becoming the focus of the pictures. If they already have boots in the browns rather than black or wine tones, maybe a burgundy or maroon with a brown undertone instead of plum? Though I love plum and cream.
  • I think lace and boots are fantastic for a rustic wedding! Just make sure the laces don't compete and I think you'll be fine! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards