Ohio-Cleveland

Traveling to Cleveland for work - food/to-do suggestions?

Hello! 

I will be coming to Cleveland in April for work and I was wondering if you guys could give me any recommendations for restaurants or things to do? I am open for dinner 5 nights and I'll eat basically anything that isn't super spicy.

Thank you!

Re: Traveling to Cleveland for work - food/to-do suggestions?

• Will you have a car? What part of town will you be in?
  • And will this be during the week or will it also be over the weekend? Only asking because of things like some of our great musuems, aren't open in the evenings during the week.

• mlg78 said:

Will you have a car? What part of town will you be in?

Erikan73 said:

And will this be during the week or will it also be over the weekend? Only asking because of things like some of our great musuems, aren't open in the evenings during the week.

I am arriving Sunday afternoon and leaving Friday afternoon. I will have a rental car and I am staying outside of the city near Materials Park. I am willing to drive to get to good places (training ends at 4:30)
  • Are all the other Clevelanders wondering where the heck Materials Park is?  I hope so...because I had to Google it.  Apparently it's in Novelty, Ohio...again, where the heck is that?  More Googling...it's in northern Geauga County.

So, that means east side suburbs...and I'm not good with that side of town.  Anyone up for helping?
  • mlg78 said:
    Are all the other Clevelanders wondering where the heck Materials Park is?  I hope so...because I had to Google it.  Apparently it's in Novelty, Ohio...again, where the heck is that?  More Googling...it's in northern Geauga County.

So, that means east side suburbs...and I'm not good with that side of town.  Anyone up for helping?
    Haha, sorry! I have no idea how close/far away Materials Park is from the city (it looks pretty close on Google Maps but I'm not the best at gauging distances).Like I said, I'm willing to drive farther if the food can't be missed!
  • On east-ish side, both the Cleveland Museum of Art and MOCA (modern art) are in the same area and are worth checking out. The restaurant Melt (Cleveland Heights) is a good stop for first time visitors. Pacific East is great sushi and there are a lot of great little places in Little Italy (also near the museums). Chagrin Falls is a cute little town not far from Novelty - probably about 10 minutes away. Just walking around and grabbing dinner one night might be nice. 

If the weather is decent and/or you feel up for an outdoor activity, Punderson State Park is in Geauga County. There are nice hiking trails there, but it may be too early for other activities. 
    • Aurora premium outlets, a great outdoor shopping center, even if you don't feel like shopping, good place to get around and walk a little
    • Chagrin Falls, cute little town with Waterfalls in the heart of the downtown area. Again, lots of cute shops and some nice resturants there. Even nice to just walk around & have an ice cream
    • In Middlefield there is Mary Yoder's Amish resturant, good home style cooking & the bakery is amazing
    • Depending on how much time you have, about 45 minutes away are many wineries, Debonne, Grand River, Ferrante, South River. Grand River & Ferrante both serve dinner, but Debonne & South River do not.
    • If your into beer, in chardon is Chardon Brew works & they serve meals there too
    • Melt in Mentor (same as the one in Cleveland Heights), if you love Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, this is a great place to check out. The portions are huge.
    • If you end up in the Mentor area, there is the Great Lakes Mall if you need to strecth your legs some. It's nothing fancy, but a nice indoor place to walk around

You're a ways away from Downtown, you would probably be looking at a good hour drive for anything there.

• Burntwood Tavern is a great local chain for slightly upscale American food. The Chagrin Falls and Solon locations should be fairly close to where you're staying http://www.burntwoodtavern.com. Gamekeeper's Taverne is another one of my favorite spots in Chagrin for a nice meal.
  • Thank you for all the suggestions! I am looking forward to seeing the sights (and eating all. the. food.)!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards