Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Stamps for RSVPs for international guests?

We have a handful of international guests invited to our wedding, including family from England, France, and Germany. I'd like to be a gracious host and provide stamped envelopes for the RSVPs, but I'm not sure how to get my hands on the appropriate international stamps. Anyone have any experience with this?

Re: Stamps for RSVPs for international guests?

• Options
    I would go to the post office and ask. I'm really not sure how this would work...

On the RSVP address (your address) just make sure you write "AIR MAIL". Otherwise, it could go ground, which can take forever!
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    The US Post Office only sells US stamps - I looked into that. I'm just wondering if there is a way (online or something) to buy Airmail stamps issued by the appropriate countries. I wasn't having much luck Google searching...
  • Options
    Many countries let you buy postage stamps online to be shipped to you, you just have to Google each country to find out the appropriate website.

That being said, we opted to simply include a note letting our international guests know they can respond to us via email/phone and provided our contact info.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Unfortunately there is no way to get postage from other countries unless you have someone there that can purchase it for you (make sure you give them the weight of the RSVP) and then forward it to you to attach. The way around this for you is to provide a website where guests can RSVP or after sending the invites to those guests, if you have their email address email them & let them know that you weren't able to include postage on their RSVP due to being unable to get access to postage from their country so if they would like to RSVP to you via email, that it would be okay with you. And then once you get their RSVP respond so that they know you received it.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! This is what I had suspected was the case. I'll use website or verbal/email RSVPs for these people (it's only a handful anyway).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards