Chit Chat
Options

Really quick lunches?

2»

Re: Really quick lunches?

• Options
    i seoncd chicken salad and maybe egg salad sandwiches. i end up eating at work but the microwave is broke so i can not heat anything up. so i take stuff that does not need warming up
  • Options
    Egg salad is one of my favorite things ever! You don't even have to have it on top of bread or greens, it's great on it's own on on top of carrot sticks or celery sticks (I'm sure that you could do the same with tuna and chicken salad too).
  • Options
    Maybe this is boring, but one of my favorite lunches is Archer Farms bruschetta toasts from Target, spread with Laughing Cow swiss cheese and a 100 calorie pack of almonds. Plus a piece of fruit.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Egg salad is one of my favorite things ever! You don't even have to have it on top of bread or greens, it's great on it's own on on top of carrot sticks or celery sticks (I'm sure that you could do the same with tuna and chicken salad too).

Mmmmm... I love egg salad.  Unfortunately, my husband cannot stand the smell of boiled eggs.  Like, he literally gets sick from it. And the smell of mayonnaise has nearly the same reaction from him, although not quite as bad. So, I can only hard boil eggs when he is out of the house for a day or two when there is time for the smell to dissipate. Although, I have learned that I can boil them, then take them outside to peel, mix up, and eat.  I have made egg salad that way before and it leaves the house smell free, but it's a pain to have to go outside to make my food.  So, I rarely get to eat it.

• Options
    How about some pasta salad? Could load it up with veggies and grilled chicken! Good way to use up produce or leftovers!
  • Options
    edited January 2015

I love to mix either chicken or a hard boiled egg with mashed avocado instead of mayo and scoop up with those Nut Thins crackers.

• Options
    Ooh egg salad! I'm totally making that tomorrow.
  • Options
    We also make double dinners to have for lunches every day. But on random off days we are all about frozen breaded chicken patties and frozen meatballs. They make sandwiches in minutes. And with the chicken patties, you can do lettuce and mayo, or make it chicken parm. 
    We also make these freezer skillet meals, they come in one big bag with chicken, pasta, veggies, and sauce and you just simmer it for 12 minutes. 
    Pasta roni or mac & cheese are quick. I know they aren't technically healthy but they are a lot better than fast food. 

I actually hate sandwiches on sliced bread. But give me lunch meat on a sub roll with italian dressing and I'll eat the shit out of it haha

• Options
    AlisonM23 said:
    How about some pasta salad? Could load it up with veggies and grilled chicken! Good way to use up produce or leftovers!
    Ooh that's a good one too! I didn't even think of that. I LOVE pasta salad! 
  • Options
    I make veggie burritos, chicken salad sandwiches, rice and lentils, and sweet potatoes with a little pinch of salt.  I also have a thing for the Fuji Apple Chicken salad from Panera, but I haven't been able to replicate the dressing yet and $8 a day gets pricey really fast. 

• Options
    levioosa said:
    I make veggie burritos, chicken salad sandwiches, rice and lentils, and sweet potatoes with a little pinch of salt.  I also have a thing for the Fuji Apple Chicken salad from Panera, but I haven't been able to replicate the dressing yet and $8 a day gets pricey really fast. 
    That's another reason we try to avoid fast food. For us both to get lunch, it's about $15. Even if we only do that once a week, by the end of the month we've spent around $60 which just seems like a waste to me. 
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    Do you have a Trader Joe's near you @levioosa? They have a champagne pear vinaigrette that's really close.

• Options
    levioosa said:
    Do you have a Trader Joe's near you @levioosa? They have a champagne pear vinaigrette that's really close.
    You are my hero.  I have one five minutes away.  Hello TJ lunch break!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards