Louisiana-New Orleans

Fresh Flowers!

Hello! 

FI and I will be traveling down there to get married at the Algiers Courthouse in May, just the two of us. Since I don't need any super crazy floral arrangements or anything, and I'd like to keep it as inexpensive as possible, I'm looking into just popping into a store the day before to pick up a bouquet. Since I'm out of town, I have no idea where to go. Are there street vendors in mid-May who sell fresh flowers? We're staying in the Irish Channel, almost in the Garden District, and I know there's a Whole Foods just down the street so that could be an option. And we have a car, which makes Costco within a reasonable distance. I saw The Fresh Market on the map also, but we don't have those here so I don't know anything about their floral selection. That's very close to where we're staying, and we'll also need to pick up some groceries for the week, so I'm hoping they have a decent selection. 

All I'm looking for is a simple bouquet of yellow flower-type flowers. Point me in the right direction? 

Thanks! 

Re: Fresh Flowers!

• I would go with Whole Foods. They have gorgeous flowers. And they also do weddings. I think if you called now and placed an order for a bouquet to be ready on the day of they would do a great job. You can also get a DELICIOUS berry chantilly cake there to share!! 
  • I really don't want to call ahead and place an order, though -- I really want to just walk in, grab a bouquet, and go. Flowers are very low on my priority list, which is why I'm not going through a traditional florist. That's my question -- is there a decent selection in-store of ready-made bouquets? Or do you have to place an order ahead of time? 
  • Whole Foods on Magazine usually has a gorgeous flower selection out.
  • E71126 said:
    Whole Foods on Magazine usually has a gorgeous flower selection out.
    Awesome, thanks! 

• Whole Foods sounds like a good idea. Also in that same neighbor hood and across the street from where I live (Magazine and Lyons) is Mitch's Flowers. I always see gorgeous flowers in their window. I'd check them out too. 
  • 504mel said:
    Whole Foods sounds like a good idea. Also in that same neighbor hood and across the street from where I live (Magazine and Lyons) is Mitch's Flowers. I always see gorgeous flowers in their window. I'd check them out too. 
    Oh, cool! That place looks really nice. Thanks! :)
  • The Rouse's (local supermarket) has a large floral selection.  The one closest to Irish Channel *might* be the one in CBD but don't quote me on that.  They will likely be less expensive than Whole Foods, although they may not last as long.  Remember that citrus & their greens are native to Louisiana & make excellent table accents.  I'm going to try to incorporate that in my wedding decor to keep the budget in check.  Less than 4 months to the big day!  Hope all is going well.  
  • The Rouse's (local supermarket) has a large floral selection.  The one closest to Irish Channel *might* be the one in CBD but don't quote me on that.  They will likely be less expensive than Whole Foods, although they may not last as long.  Remember that citrus & their greens are native to Louisiana & make excellent table accents.  I'm going to try to incorporate that in my wedding decor to keep the budget in check.  Less than 4 months to the big day!  Hope all is going well.  
    Oh, that place looks awesome! Thanks! It looks like there's one a little closer than the CBD one, but I'll check the selection at both of them. I won't have table arrangements and only need my bouquet, but if they have greens to stick into the bouquet too, I may do that! 

Also, holy cow!!! I looked at their ad, and avocados are 2/$1?! I would be in heaven! They're $1.50 each up in Pittsburgh. :(
  • I am the same way about the flowers...minimal!  Wish I could help you with where to pop in though.  I'll be planning ahead with mine, just for the bouquets.  :)  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards