Chit Chat
Options

Monday Awesomeness

1) We were told this weekend that our wedding is 90 days away... we're sitting at 89 days right now and we're freaking out.
2) Most of ya'll know about FI's hellish work situation. Well he passed his medical for the new job and now we just wait to hear!
3) I went grocery shopping yesterday and bought all kinds of veggies and fruit, with NO junk food and I'm incredibly proud of myself.

What are ya'll excited about today?

Re: Monday Awesomeness

• Options
    to get off work and go home and do a manicure. bought some jamberry nail stuff. ill probably read
  • Options
    I'm going to make chicken quesadillas for dinner with homemade guacamole!!!!
  • Options
    esstee33 said:
    I'm going to make chicken quesadillas for dinner with homemade guacamole!!!!
    making me hungry. no idea what i am making for dinner,.
  • Options
    My new FitBit Charge HR is in the mail and should be here by Wednesday! Im really hoping it will help hold me accountable. And as it was my Christmas present from FI, it will be really nice to finally get my Christmas present! haha

• Options
    Love all of these fun Monday things you have going on! My Monday night will consist of staining trim for the bathroom? Wow.. that does not sound that fun haha.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

My new FitBit Charge HR is in the mail and should be here by Wednesday! Im really hoping it will help hold me accountable. And as it was my Christmas present from FI, it will be really nice to finally get my Christmas present! haha

I just bought the regular Charge a week ago! I really like it so far

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    My new dining set came today! I had been scouring the internet trying to find a 6-person table with a bench and finally found one on Wayfair that wasn't insanely expensive or ugly. I'm excited to get it put together tonight. We haven't really been able to have anyone over for dinner because all we currently have is a two person café table. It's going to come in handy on Sunday for our Super Bowl party.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Meeting a friend after work for mani-pedis :D Probably going to return our guest dog to his mom and dad tomorrow, so I'm also excited about that. I love him and all, but he's not the best behaved dog and our own dog is starting to get irritated by the fact that he can't snuggle with us without guest dog trying to muscle his way in.

I am NOT excited about the fact that FI is in Chicago until Wednesday, but I did get to drive him to the airport which was nice, and he's visiting a friend he hasn't seen in a very long time, so I'm happy for him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    We are making burgers tonight. My H makes the best burgers! And we have onion buns which is making me super excited for some reason.

If only I had the ice cream I begged for last time we went to the store. Hmm...there is a Walgreens on the way home...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Meeting a friend after work for mani-pedis :D Probably going to return our guest dog to his mom and dad tomorrow, so I'm also excited about that. I love him and all, but he's not the best behaved dog and our own dog is starting to get irritated by the fact that he can't snuggle with us without guest dog trying to muscle his way in.

I am NOT excited about the fact that FI is in Chicago until Wednesday, but I did get to drive him to the airport which was nice, and he's visiting a friend he hasn't seen in a very long time, so I'm happy for him.
    My FI is out of town until Thursday. He's heading back to our home town and is staying with my parents. So he'll get to see my parents, my Brother and sister in law and my tiny baby nephew  as well as the majority of his family. I'm so jealous!! But also super happy for him. So conflicted! haha
  • Options

My FI is out of town until Thursday. He's heading back to our home town and is staying with my parents. So he'll get to see my parents, my Brother and sister in law and my tiny baby nephew  as well as the majority of his family. I'm so jealous!! But also super happy for him. So conflicted! haha
    Haha! We were dogsitting because his sister had a baby, and they're finally coming home today so when I drop off the dog tomorrow I'll get to meet his niece before him. I would have waited until he came home but they miss their dog and I'm not going to try to keep him...

I've also been known to have dinner with his family without him once or twice when work kept him from attending. It's nice because my family all live across the country, so I don't know what I would do if I didn't get along with his fam.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    It's snowing and I'm drinking wine.
    I just signed up for Fabletics.
  • Options
    I've worked weekends for the last 6 weeks and think that tonight might end my run of misery. Woohoo!

I've been craving fatty comfort foods but feel hormonal and huge. The plan for tonight is chicken pot pie, but with lots of veggies (the standards plus some beautiful zucchini and green beans I got yesterday) and a recipe for a low fat, whole grain biscuit topping I found online. Somehow it feels special-ish.

I can't wait for this weekend either. Super-excited!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I want this!  The plum colored version won't ship for 8-10 weeks so I'll have to just stick with my Fitbit One until then.  ~sigh~  I'm anxious to hear reviews on how you like it once it's here! 

• Options

I want this!  The plum colored version won't ship for 8-10 weeks so I'll have to just stick with my Fitbit One until then.  ~sigh~  I'm anxious to hear reviews on how you like it once it's here! 
    I really wanted the plum too! Its so pretty! But really didn't want to wait 10 weeks so I just went with the black.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I skipped my weekend workouts and my aching back is paying for it today.  So, I'm skipping out of work early to go to a yoga class today. It's a love-hate relationship though... I loath the idea of exercise when I'm sore and I just want to go home and relax, but I know that my back is aching from lack of exercise and going home won't help it. And I know I'll enjoy it while I'm actually there and will feel amazing afterward. And I feel better about myself knowing that I actually intend to go.

• Options
    I had a 2nd interview today and it went well enough. I panicked this morning because FI was freaking me out and forgot my portfolio and my resume but they seemed to already have copies from the first interview so I guess that was ok. Still wish I didn't forget the portfolio. I was told I'm one of the top 2 candidates for this job so I'm nervous and excited at the same time and probably will be until I hear from them again.

FI had an interview today too! He aced it and they offered him the job! I'm so proud of him! I went out and bought a bouquet of flowers to congratulate him when he gets home.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My day was ok. Work went fine, all the volunteers that were scheduled showed up. I think I did well on a math quiz too so yay! I also finish my field methods hw. V and I just finish dinner. I'll study a little bit later but it was a good day.
  • Options
    Monday is our day off, except H went it to work briefly.  :(  And he'll be doing some homework today. :(  But our couples marriage book study is tonight, which I'm excited for.  Also, we have Expendables 3 and we've had it for two weeks and we might finally watch it tonight.

Also, we got snow!
  • Options
    I've bought 5 dresses online between yesterday and today. And I ordered some wedding stuff over the phone just now. I think I'm gonna order at least one more thing when I get home (if Fi agrees with what I picked).
    Also, some jewelry I ordered from Etsy made it out of NJ before the blizzard, which I'm REALLY pumped about because it's coming from Israel and sat in customs for a week.

I don't feel nearly as bad about all this shopping as I probably should.

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards