Chit Chat

If you could choose a superpower, what would you choose?

Personally, I'd love to be a shape-shifter.

Why? I'm inspired by my husband's preference for my "green dress." But I don't have a green dress. It's gray. 

Things like this make me wonder what it would be like to be in someone else's skin and perceive sensory information differently. Wouldn't it be cool to try out a bat's echolocation strategy? 

And if I could shape-shift I definitely would want to try out a mantis shrimp for a while. I mean, 16 types of photoreceptors in the eyes (compared to our measly 4)?! What must your world be like? Plus they are flamin' in the dress department.

Then happy I, that love and am beloved 
Where I may not remove nor be removed.

--William Shakespeare (Sonnet 25)

Re: If you could choose a superpower, what would you choose?

• Also, I'd totally want a magical plate that can magically serve me up any meal that I am desiring (at proper temperature of course!).

But that's more like the PLATE having super power rather than myself, but it is what it is.
  • There was a character in a book series that I loved (by Lloyd Alexander) who had a magic sack that produced food. A plate is much classier. Also, given that other thread on food, I can see the appeal!

• I'd want to be able to fly.

• Invisibility.

Just think of all the thrilling heroics and general mischief!
  • JennyColadaJennyColada member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    Kahlyla said:
    Invisibility.

Just think of all the thrilling heroics and general mischief!
    This is typically my superpower of choice as well.

Oh or some sort of a photogenic memory combined with super reading speed (I don't want to just magically know everything, because I do like the act of learning, I just want to be able to learn more easily/quickly).

ETA: Omfg, I can't believe I just picked the superpower of "super studying". What a fucking nerd.
  • Whoa I never knew that about that shrimp. I've never even heard of that kind of shrimp. So neat!!!

I would definitely want to fly or teleport. I'd kill to go on vacations across the world and only take 38 seconds to get there. So I guess teleport because flying would still take hours haha 

• Ooh, teleportation would be badass.
  • Time. Stop time, slow down time, return time back to normal. I would never run out of time and I'd have all the time in the world to do anything. This is assuming I don't age in my time bubble of course.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd want to be able to change shape. Become a fly on the wall, a fast car, impersonate people, you get the idea. So many options!
    *********************************************************************************

• I'd like to be a telepath. Selectively, of course. Because I'm nosy and want to know what others are thinking.
  • vulpiepop said:
    Time. Stop time, slow down time, return time back to normal. I would never run out of time and I'd have all the time in the world to do anything. This is assuming I don't age in my time bubble of course.

This. Just think, you could stop time, take a nap, then start time again and do all the things! I don't even care if I age faster!
  • I would pick teleportation too! But do it nightcrawler style and traveling through different universes to get somewhere. I could be anywhere I want like flying without having to worry about weather, hitting birds/planes, and it would be faster.
  • The ability to time travel, so I could play tourist through history. 
    I would need it to be instant and at will, of course, to avoid getting hurt in revolutions and witch hunts and typhoid epidemics or what have you. 
  • I always wanted to fly, but now I think I'd get cold up in the atmosphere.  And I've always wanted to experience when other people feel/think/experience.  I'd love to swap places with DH (him still running the show, I just want to know what he thinks/sees/etc.)

• arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    I want to be able to stop time like Evie from Out of this World.

• The ability to communicate with everyone in the world regardless of language or dialect. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @JennyColada‌ so basically you want to be Dr. Spencer Reid?
  • edited June 2015
    I want to be just like Mystique.

And I would not use my powers for good. I would use my powers to be a dick.

Second place I want to be a witch and give people non life threatening but horrifically annoying ailments.

Third place is absolutely pyrokenesis.
  • MagicInk said:

@JennyColada‌ so basically you want to be Dr. Spencer Reid?

???
  • I would want the same powers of Dr. Ivo's android from Justice League- It imitates the superpowers of anyone it sees. Or I would choose Ace's powers- from the Royal Flush Gang.  Basically she can manipulate thoughts and cause hallucinations just by looking at you- and can render a person completely insane and or comatose.  IDGAF what powers you have, if someone turns your fucking brain into putty, you're useless.  Or Poison Ivy, depending on who is writing her, her powers get god-like.  I was actually reading a batman series by Kevin Smith where she fucks with batman by creating plants that spewed THC in the air. (Seriously how baked was he that BATMAN had to get baked too??  It's an AWESOME read though.) So being able to just fill the air with any toxin you choose is nothing to sneeze at.  
  • Hmm. There's so many to choose from. I suppose in a world of superpowers and not just general magic.....I'd either like to be all Magneto, (Dude, I could animate SO MUCH if I could move armatures for my puppets with my freaking mind) or I'd want to be clairvoyant, but I wouldn't tell anyone if I was, cause that's a good way to get yourself killed.

Anniversary
  • Eidetic memory, hands-down.

• Regeneration.  
  • Time travel would be BOMB.

Or portals like Blink has
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Viczaesar said:
    Eidetic memory, hands-down.
    Does that come with total control over memory recall? If not, this one would probably put me in the madhouse if I witnessed or survived a traumatic event. 

• This is tough to answer. At first I thought teleportation, because I love to travel & it'd save so much time. Forgot lunch at work? Teleport to Chipotle! Wanna go to Bora Bora for the weekend? Teleport!

Then I got to thinking about the ability to read minds. The power! But then I'd still have to come to work every day. 

Perhaps the power to duplicate things would go far. H wants the same Jeep our friend bought last year...SHAZAM! It's yours, dear husband. I wish I didn't have to work for a living...SHAZAM! I just duplicated a million dollars. We're almost out of dog food...SHAZAM! Not anymore, because I duplicated the bag. 

Yes, I think the power of duplicity for me. 
  • ElcaB said:
    This is tough to answer. At first I thought teleportation, because I love to travel & it'd save so much time. Forgot lunch at work? Teleport to Chipotle! Wanna go to Bora Bora for the weekend? Teleport!

Then I got to thinking about the ability to read minds. The power! But then I'd still have to come to work every day. 

Perhaps the power to duplicate things would go far. H wants the same Jeep our friend bought last year...SHAZAM! It's yours, dear husband. I wish I didn't have to work for a living...SHAZAM! I just duplicated a million dollars. We're almost out of dog food...SHAZAM! Not anymore, because I duplicated the bag. 

I thought reading minds would be awesome but you would have to control it so you don't end up like Buffy in the episode where she can hear thoughts.
  • ElcaB said:
    This is tough to answer. At first I thought teleportation, because I love to travel & it'd save so much time. Forgot lunch at work? Teleport to Chipotle! Wanna go to Bora Bora for the weekend? Teleport!

You clearly already have the power of catchphrases.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards