April 2015 Weddings
Options

Under garments

I am really having a difficult time finding stuff to wear under the wedding dress that is affordable.. I have a strapless gown which goes down lower in the back.It is also lace so I don't want anything to be shown through... What are your plans? Where did you get yours from>? I have my alterations on FEB 7 so I need them before then. :/

Re: Under garments

• Options
    I got a strapless bra from VS, but my dress is higher to the point that I need less than a 1" modesty panel in front and back to cover it. What I'm having trouble finding is foundation wear that actually is effective and wearable.
  • Options
    No bra for me, they are sewing in cups.

I looked at a bunch of shapewear and think I have settled on a high-ish waisted one from Maidenform. I found that that brand seemed to make the most difference and was also pretty comfortable. I heard in various reviews that Spanx brand rolls up, so I was wary of that.

I had actually found this great corset-y thing that I was digging but it went too high and showed under my dress.
  • Options
    I got a pretty lacey bridal bra (like the long corsetish bras) and a slip. My dress covers up and hides all the important bits so I'm not TOO worried about shaping (although it's strapless so I've been working my butt off to tone my arms). Sounds like a typical bra might not work for you though with the low back.

Just hit up your local Macy's/Dillard's lingerie department and explain to them your issue (or better yet show them a picture of the back of your dress) they'll be able to help.
  • Options
    I got these no show panties in nude. They're comfy and have lace to make them cute. ($10.50 or 5/$27)

https://dm.victoriassecret.com/product/760x1013/V428141_OF_F.jpg

I also plan on getting the Style Secret sticky bra from VS as well. Since you said your dress has lace, they do have the sticky adhesive ones that have lace detailing on the cup now. They're actually kinda nice when you see them.  ($58)

Searched Style Secrets on VS website. :)

There's various things that could work. Even low back straps if you would prefer that. I love and trust Victoria's Secret product. Although a little pricier than other places, it's good quality and lasts. :) Join PINK Nation and you can get a free panty and if you're signed up for mailers, you can even get $10 off a bra or $15 off your purchase if you get an Angel's Card :) Hope this helps a little!
  • Options
    I just received by bra yesterday- ordered it from VS and it is AWESOME! So happy with my purchase, I got the VS bombshell multiway in nude (planning on using it as a strapless). Although a little high in price, its worth it! I still need to get a cute pair of undies, my dress is poofy so I don't have to worry about them showing/lines or anything. 
  • Options
    I'm having cups sewn into my gown as well. 

• Options
    I'm borrowing my cousins bridal bra and slip from her wedding that was April 27th 2013. I'm not sure if her gown was an a-line or ball gown but I tried her slip on and it fits perfectly and then I tried it on under my gown and sure enough it looks good with my mermaid type gown. For her bridal gown she ended up using a different bra or she had cups sewn into her dress and ended up never using the bra. In the end, she was just going to sell them online until I came along and asked to borrow them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm freaking out about this. I'm very thin but not toned thin so shapewear doesn't fit and the dress is very low back (lazaro 3359) and my belly button is so odd and deep you can see it under the satin no matter how thin I am. I'm not sure what I am going to do maybe a nipple pasty on my belly button?! I'll probably have cups sewn in because I'm a 30C which is nearly impossible to find in regular bras let alone specialty bras...
  • Options
    Does your dress have any structure or boning in it? I just had my first fitting and found out that my dress actually has all of it built in already so i'm going commando up top! I do plan on wearing those spanx-ish bike shorts to combat thigh sweat though. If your dress doesn't have  built in structure, i'd ask your alterations person if she can sew in cups like walshalvarado. Especially with the support of a lace up dress I doubt you'll need much more that that. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards