Not Engaged Yet

Tuesday Chat

2»

Re: Tuesday Chat

• @futuremrshistorian - WHEN????  Yaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!
  • @CocoBellaF - Soon, although I'm not sure exactly when.  Everything just sort of opened up this morning and he's in the process of final salary talks with everybody.  We're trying to decide which one he should take.  One is on the West Coast, one is on the East Coast, they both have good potential for growth but they're two different types of jobs.  We're still applying for those joint teaching jobs, so my advice to him has been to pick the one that he could see himself in forever if we don't go back to teaching.
  • @beanbot2002 - Just think of your BMs as your own little mafia-party. ;)  Also, apparently you're not bringing my two favorite nephews to our partay on Sunday.  That's cool.  I didn't want M to snuggle No-uh's face off anyways.

@southernpeach89 - Feel better!! <3

@keptinstitches - I hate those arguments.  I also hate going to bed angry because they make the morning also awful, so it's like you can never win with them.

@swazzle - Hopefully you'll get to snuggle your munchkins tonight. <3

@hummingbird125 - WFH days should always stay WFH days.  Bosses should not be allowed to say "I know you worked from home this morning, but the weather's okay now, so you need to come in."

@lmcooper86 - Congrats to your BFF!

@allusive007 - How are you so close!  Congrats!!!

@500days - I am jealous of your 16".  I could have used a day off.

@eilis1228 - I'm with you on the caffeine.  I needed a peppermint white mocha this morning, because those are my crack.

--

I started writing this post 3 hours ago and then got pulled into a meeting and it's been insanity.

We got about 2.5" of snow last night, so we had a 2 hour delay.  My interview got pushed to tomorrow morning, so I fully enjoyed my delay by going back to sleep and then had another delay because metro decided to have a cracked rail again this morning.  Yay metro.

I didn't get a ton of sleep last night, so I'm exhausted.  Our downstairs neighbor is trying to sell their unit and have decided that it's appropriate to leave the TV on full blast with no one home to "deter burglars."  It's so loud that I can hear the watery/muffled sound over the TV in our bedroom, so the only place I can actually sleep is in the living room on the couch.  

So, interview tomorrow.  I have to pull an outfit together and plan on going shopping tonight before run club because my closet is missing some key pieces.  I haven't thought a ton beyond that at this point.

@minskat30 - I'm definitely making buffalo chicken dip for Sunday.  I'd like to do meatballs, assuming we have enough people, but someone may have to bring them because I only have one crockpot.  I'd also really like to do pickle dip and olive dip (same concept as pickle dip, but use olive juice and chop up some green olives,) but again, it'll depend on how many people we have.  Right now we have 5.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @allusive007 I would ask for pics, but that seems weird, so I won't. Rock them boobies, girl!

@futuremrshistorian YAY!! Congrats! What kind of job is it?
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Super late, but I just want to put it out into the universe that *I* make the BEST buffalo chicken dip in all the land. I know at least @swazzle can back me up here - I forget who else has had it.

In certain areas, the blizzard was NOT overblown - my FIL's are totally snowed in in southeastern CT, my parents are DEFINITELY snowed in up in Maine, and I'm almost convinced that we won't be seeing @csousa1 till spring. 

We didn't get much overnight, but it started snowing hard this morning. I was going to work from home, but I had to come in for a 1045 meeting - and it was treacherous getting in here. My normal 15 minute drive took almost 40 minutes, and it just kept coming down harder once I got here. I've pretty much wrapped up what I needed to get done in the office, so I'll probably head home shortly so that I can drive in the daylight. 

Sorry for not individually addressing everyone - I hate coming to these threads late, because there's always so much to say!! I do have to let @allusive007 know how excited I am for her little munchkin!! :) 

*******************************************************************************************

• @Dignity100 Possible, but the problem with that is, cream cheese is amazing.

I might try it anyway. I don't have work until Thursday, it might be worth the risk. EXTRA HOT SAUCE! Frank's is totally the best, I'll load it up.
  • CLoGreenEyesCLoGreenEyes member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2015

@CocoBellaF NOT COOL about your massage therapist! I would be so bitter if I got stood up for that appointment; I would be DEVASTATED after looking forward to it all day!

@KeptInStitches, sorry you and FI had a fight. :( Hopefully it'll be easier to resolve it tonight. (I'm totally sure you're right too. :))

@FutureMrsHistorian yayyyyyy for Mr. H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad for you guys!

@peekaboo2011, good luck on your interview tomorrow!

I'm at home sick today. I'm glad not to be at work, but I feel like shit and am not so excited about being at home. My other brother has moved back in after falling on some hard times and he is NOT easy to live with; and with the new puppy being here, this house is just wayyyy too full. I should be able to move out next month, but since I'm applying to new jobs I guess I should wait to get one of them so I know where to go.

The job hunt is going OK. It's slow, but I've had one interview and should be hearing in the next couple weeks about a second interview. There is one more position I am trying to apply for today, but between being sick and having done this so many times recently, I am totally burnt out. I am THIS CLOSE to being done with the cover letter but it just doesn't sound very good to me.

Oh and I have to work on Superbowl Sunday, so no yummy snacks for me. :(

• @peekaboo2011 and @clogreeneyes, thanks for the empathy. I don't know if it's worth being right, you know? I do know that fighting takes it out of me - thank you so much for reinforcing how much I hate fighting, stomach. My hope is that we can resolve it soon. Usually I don't go to bed angry because we don't have a couch so we have to share the bed (at least until I finish up the daybed) and it's a bad idea to go to bed angry when you have to sleep next to each other.
  • LaBro said:
    TwoDimes said:
    labro said:
    audrewuh said:
    @labro1018, was "labro" already taken? 
    Good point. I don't know why the fuck TK won't capitlize it like I want it to though.
    What is a labro?
    Me, duh! La + Bro! I'm everyone's bro. I could've done LaHo, but I'm not a Ho anymore (in name anyway....) so I have to be Bro.
    I'm so glad I could make this happen this morning.
    I french with my man
  • @Futuremrshistorian - OMG! That is so awesome!!

• Thanks everybody!  You ladies have been so awesome and supportive as we fought our way through this job thing and so I was SO EXCITED to share this with you guys.

@andrewuh - It depends on which one we decide he should take.  The West Coast job is a recruiting position, while the East Coast one is a federal job.  Hopefully he'll have some more information for me when we talk later today.
  • @beanbot2002 - Just think of your BMs as your own little mafia-party. ;) Also, apparently you're not bringing my two favorite nephews to our partay on Sunday.  That's cool.  I didn't want M to snuggle No-uh's face off anyways.

@southernpeach89 - Feel better!! <3

@keptinstitches - I hate those arguments.  I also hate going to bed angry because they make the morning also awful, so it's like you can never win with them.

@swazzle - Hopefully you'll get to snuggle your munchkins tonight. <3

@hummingbird125 - WFH days should always stay WFH days.  Bosses should not be allowed to say "I know you worked from home this morning, but the weather's okay now, so you need to come in."

@lmcooper86 - Congrats to your BFF!

@allusive007 - How are you so close!  Congrats!!!

@500days - I am jealous of your 16".  I could have used a day off.

@eilis1228 - I'm with you on the caffeine.  I needed a peppermint white mocha this morning, because those are my crack.

--

I started writing this post 3 hours ago and then got pulled into a meeting and it's been insanity.

We got about 2.5" of snow last night, so we had a 2 hour delay.  My interview got pushed to tomorrow morning, so I fully enjoyed my delay by going back to sleep and then had another delay because metro decided to have a cracked rail again this morning.  Yay metro.

I didn't get a ton of sleep last night, so I'm exhausted.  Our downstairs neighbor is trying to sell their unit and have decided that it's appropriate to leave the TV on full blast with no one home to "deter burglars."  It's so loud that I can hear the watery/muffled sound over the TV in our bedroom, so the only place I can actually sleep is in the living room on the couch.  

So, interview tomorrow.  I have to pull an outfit together and plan on going shopping tonight before run club because my closet is missing some key pieces.  I haven't thought a ton beyond that at this point.

@minskat30 - I'm definitely making buffalo chicken dip for Sunday.  I'd like to do meatballs, assuming we have enough people, but someone may have to bring them because I only have one crockpot.  I'd also really like to do pickle dip and olive dip (same concept as pickle dip, but use olive juice and chop up some green olives,) but again, it'll depend on how many people we have.  Right now we have 5.
    What? I'm lost. Did we have dinner scheduled and I forgot? Oh wait. Super Bowl. What? I'm confused. Text me...
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards