Wedding Party

My entire Bridal Party SUCKS!!

123457»

Re: My entire Bridal Party SUCKS!!

• Put on your big girl panties and plan your own wedding. It's nobody's responsibility but your and your groom to be. Maybe you should ask him to help you, since it's his wedding and all 
  • It isn't "drama". These comments are the most dramatic!  Name calling, etc LMAO! Hilarious to say the least. 

On my BM's end, they are perfectly fine. No negative sentiments have been expressed to them at all. My discussion is a result of the things I do as a friend and the behaviors I display myself. I've always operated on the premise of providing to others the same treatment that you'd expect and I exercise that regularly. So, according to you all, I should not expect for others to do the same for me? Especially not my closest friends... Wonder where that virtue came from?? It's enough to just show up. Got it! Thanks!
    Are you an only child? Or did your parents spoil you?
    You missed a "my" bahahaha 
  • Man people are so harsh on here!
    You REALLY don't see anything wrong with your post?  REALLY? 
  • smacclary said:
    EEEEK! These people are driving me crazy by reading their responses. they are not obligated to help, they should WANT to help!! I totally agree with you. If I chose some random girl off the street, I would only expect them to show up, but not my BEST FRIENDS. Maybe its because I'm from the south, maybe it's because I have a small group of close girlfriends, but I KNOW my girls are going to be there for me and help me in any way they can. At this point for you, you can't change your bridal party (unfortunately), so I would try to make the most of it. Plan your own bach party, and invite them if they want to come. I am getting SICK of reading about people's opinions on here (but everyone has one). I have been a part of a few weddings now, and I would have done ANYTHING to help with my girls. Anyways, I'm sorry that you're having to go through all this. I wish I had better advice to give you, but I do agree that they should be doing more to help you (one of their best friends)!! Good Luck and have an incredible wedding.
    I didn't believe in MUD until I read this.  In all honesty, I was called out for MUD incorrectly on one of my posts, didn't know what it was, looked it up in Urban Dictionary, concluded I did not have MUD and thought it was just another poster being catty b/c she didn't like what I had to say.  (Happens on here from time to time).  I vowed I would never accuse someone of this...until now.  
  • I didn't realize MUD was much of a thing until I got on here, but some of these posts, man...
  • I'll also add that FI and I are not having a bridal party, and we are getting along just fine planning our wedding ourselves.

IT CAN BE DONE! SHOCKING.

Ditto.
  • I know a lot of people keep saying they don't have any obligation, which is true… but seriously out of 8 girls, not one of them is even trying to step up to do ANYTHING!  The thing is, when my girlfriends get married and ask me to be in their wedding, I would be more than excited to help plan a bridal shower and bachelorette party!  Although there is no "obligation," it is generally an expected thing.  Not that the parties have to be fancy or anything.  I don't have any advice to give you, but I just want to let you know I sympathize with you!!! Try not to let it bother you and focus on the fact that you're getting married and starting your life with your soon husband!  I hope your wedding and marriage are beautiful and blessed. :)
  • I know a lot of people keep saying they don't have any obligation, which is true… but seriously out of 8 girls, not one of them is even trying to step up to do ANYTHING!  The thing is, when my girlfriends get married and ask me to be in their wedding, I would be more than excited to help plan a bridal shower and bachelorette party!  Although there is no "obligation," it is generally an expected thing.  Not that the parties have to be fancy or anything.  I don't have any advice to give you, but I just want to let you know I sympathize with you!!! Try not to let it bother you and focus on the fact that you're getting married and starting your life with your soon husband!  I hope your wedding and marriage are beautiful and blessed. :)
    So you've never been a brideslave before? Next time you drop a grand to be a BM I'll listen to your advice.

Also, fire up the ol' dictionary app and look up "obligation." Good. Now look up "expected."

There should be an option on TK where any post that has more than like 2 exclamation points automatically gets deleted.

Anniversary

• rcher912rcher912 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    Dreamergirl8812 said: So you've never been a brideslave before? Next time you drop a grand to be a BM I'll listen to your advice.

Also, fire up the ol' dictionary app and look up "obligation." Good. Now look up "expected."

There should be an option on TK where any post that has more than like 2 exclamation points automatically gets deleted.

--------------------------------------boxes------------ I hate to be That Poster, but I LOVE my exclamation points!!!!! haha, how else will you know
    exactly how excited I am?

OP, you aren't going to win this one. It's your wedding, not theirs.

ETA: not sure why the boxes hate me tonight
  • Okay....I have to agree with most of the responses here. There is NO onligation. That being said....my ladies asked me what my expectations are out of them. My response was to simply keep my sane and stand beside me on a very important day and that if something comes up I will ask for help if needed. Other than that, be understanding about them having their own things going on. If you need help with something, ask them! Don't just whine about them not helping. At the end of the day, is having those parties really going to affect how you feel on your wedding day or being married to the one you love? I certainly hope not. I understand your feelings are hurt but instead of asking random strangers for advice, talk to your friends!
  • edited February 2015
  • I am really sorry that everyone is being so mean and shitty on here and attacking you.  Maybe, because some of them got married years and years ago and are still trolling on here for some reason, they forget that, yes, being a bridesmaid DOES mean MORE than just "showing up!" If you have a BM that literally does nothing else than to "just show up" at your wedding, then they are a really shitty friend.  Planning a wedding really shows who your real friends are, for better or worse.  Sorry that your BMs are forgetting about you and even more sorry for all of the assholes and lazy BMs on here.

• I am really sorry that everyone is being so mean and shitty on here and attacking you.  Maybe, because some of them got married years and years ago and are still trolling on here for some reason, they forget that, yes, being a bridesmaid DOES mean MORE than just "showing up!" If you have a BM that literally does nothing else than to "just show up" at your wedding, then they are a really shitty friend.  Planning a wedding really shows who your real friends are, for better or worse.  Sorry that your BMs are forgetting about you and even more sorry for all of the assholes and lazy BMs on here.
    Nah, being a "really shitty friend" is expecting your friends to be your brideslaves..
  • edited June 2015
  • First breath...have the girls ordered their dresses? Yes, great! Bachlorette parties are typically thrown within the last month before the wedding, so they still have time. If they are just planning on doing a night on the town, inviting people who would attend 2-3 weeks in advance of the night is plenty of notice. For the shower, granted those are normally 6-8 weeks before the wedding so invites should be going out for those soon. But maybe they are working on doing a surprise party. Do you know for sure they aren't doing either. Also is it possible that your girls can't afford to throw you a shower? Depending on how many people would need to be invited and their financial issues, maybe they can't afford to have one for you. Either way, try not to let this ruin your friendships with them or your big day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards