Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Trying to find shoes!

I am looking for shoes for both myself and my bridesmaids. I am looking for fairly short and COMFORTABLE hot pink heels. Does anyone have any ideas on where to look for these? I know I will probably have to go with dyeable type shoes, but I would like them to have a little bit of rhinestone detailing on them (especially on mine.)

Also, how much did everyone's bridesmaid shoes cost? I have looked at some sites that had dyeable shoes and I just can't bring myself to have my bridesmaids pay $70-100 for shoes when they already paid for a dress.

Re: Trying to find shoes!

• Options

I am looking for shoes for both myself and my bridesmaids. I am looking for fairly short and COMFORTABLE hot pink heels. Does anyone have any ideas on where to look for these? I know I will probably have to go with dyeable type shoes, but I would like them to have a little bit of rhinestone detailing on them (especially on mine.)

Also, how much did everyone's bridesmaid shoes cost? I have looked at some sites that had dyeable shoes and I just can't bring myself to have my bridesmaids pay $70-100 for shoes when they already paid for a dress.
    If you require your BMs to wear specific shoes, you need to pay for them. Its rude to ask BMs to pay for anything except a dress (which you're supposed to ask the budget beforehand).

That may change your mind depending on how many BMs you have and what that would mean for your budget. You're better off just saying "any black/silver/nude shoe".

Incorporate hot pink elsewhere. Like in the flowers or ribbon in their bouquets.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options

Okay, so first things first; if you require a specific shoe for your bridesmaids, you need to be the one paying for it. Second, please just don't, even if you're buying. Shoes are super personal and they need to be able to choose something they will be comfortable in. Picking a neutral color and telling them to wear any shoe in it (gold, silver, black, whatever, but not a specific shade like hot pink) is acceptable, if you are truly set on them matching. Do consider though that their feet don't even show up in pictures and most people will not even glance at the bridesmaids' shoes.

I did wear dyeables myself, but I honestly don't recommend them. You have to wear them repeatedly in advance, and even then they still tend to leave some color on your feet, and quite frankly most dyeable shoes are just not comfortable enough. You will be on your feet from the time you get dressed all the way through the ceremony and most of the reception as well. I had to change shoes maybe 20 minutes into the reception because my feet were killing me.

For comfort, my favorite brand is Sofft. They have great cushioning and are usually pretty cute as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards